I have been scrapping.....not a lot......but I will be back another time to share more of what I have been up to.
Funny how life can get busy and you find a new routine and then blogging and scrapping seem to take a back foot.
I love scrapping and I love my blog but it's like I am too scared to do either at the moment.....If I do scrap I feel guilty that I am not doing something for someone else (ie. the family).
The year has taken so many twists and turns and I just feel like I am on a bit of a spiral so I find it hard to relax and "chill out".
But enough about that.....here I am right?
I have created a page for Scrap365 this month using this fabulous sketch:
We have a fantastic prize for the winner of this challenge from
Not only did 7 Gypsies send a fabulous selection for our winner to play with but they also sent a set to each of us on the design team.
I received the Maritime Collection and created this page (and I rotated the sketch)
I really struggled with this paper and what to create (I'm sure it was just me because I hadn't scrapped for a few weeks) so I went back to "what I know" and I really liked the final result. I love experimenting and I love trying new techniques but sometimes it is easier to "just do it how you do it " :)
Ok, off to make the kids dessert and then I am going to SCRAP. Yep, it's on my agenda tonight.
I hope you are too and don't forget to try this wonderful sketch. I would love to see your work.
Jasx

HI.. so nice to see you posting again.. and please dont feel guilty for doing a little something you enjoy,we all need time to chill and give to ourselves.. I battled with the guilt monster too, but when I know i am doing something that makes me feel better drug free then it must be good.. the housework can wait, the kids can have a quiet play on their own, creating is good for the soul.. believe me?? hehe.. This looks wonderful.. I love those colors together and love the journalling wayyyy down the bottom of your layout.. I hope you get lots of creative time in.... just for you...
ReplyDeleteHope you got to do some scrapping! And I'm with you...I can imagine if you hadn't scrapped for a while, it's best to stick within the comfort zone....& of course, I find your work ALWAYS amazingly creative & slightly quirky....so you can keep throwin' that into the mix ALLLL the time, as far as I'm concerned!!! I'm glad you're on S365 so that you 'have' to scrap at least once a month:):)!!!! Then I get my fix:):)!!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful Jas!! Have missed your postings but understand your priorities & if I didn't have someone to help me with the never-ending laundry pile most of the time I would do the same!! More importantly than anything - how is your health? Glad you got some scrapping in. Hope your scrappy fest came to pass - I find that if I leave it a bit I really struggle to get into it again but when I get past the first one or two creations I get well back into it again. This looks effortless (in a good way) & lovely!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful page, beautiful colours, simple and elegant but as always a bit "edgy", so you. Life will always be about "priorities" and that's the way it should be. Fit the fun "you" stuff in when you can....we will still be here, waiting for you. xx
ReplyDeleteJUst divine Jasmine!
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you scrapping and blogging again and it's OK to take time out. Love your page :D
ReplyDeleteSuch a fabulous design. I love that you flipped the sketch, it looks perfect that way. xx
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL. Cheers Di
ReplyDeleteGorgeous page and a gorgeous design! So super! I think this year has been a strang one for many people.....as you say many twists and turns. For me it has been a struggle to find the blalance between family, work, scrapping and just everything....and rushing from one thing to the next, trying to juggle and manage everything! I am constantly working on it and not sure I have any definite solutions....but I try!! I hope that things calm down for you, so that you can also find some calm.....many blessings sent your way! x
ReplyDelete