About me, my family and anything scrap related

Sunday, June 9, 2013

I've re-kindled my romance with scrapping....

I had lost my mojo for some weeks but the other night I was determined to have a date with my scrapbooking and see where it lead to.

I started playing with this page, not following any particular challenge etc but it just wasn't working....so then I came across the latest sketch at Skissedilla which helped create that flow I was looking for.


The rocks in the photo were the perfect match for this paper and I used my Tim Holtz distress stain to "splat" onto the page.  I did this by accident on a piece of paper when I was trying to make the stain come to the top.  I loved the effect so I decided to add it to my background.  I do love a good "splat".

And this is the sketch I followed:

I'm so thankful my my creative juices have started flowing again.
Now I just need to make the time to dosome blog hopping to see what everyone else has been up to.

Jasx

23 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunning! You have really managed to higlight your picture in a fantastic way. LOve the background with all the splats. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Skissedilla. Love Brit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just hate it when that mojo goes on holidays......but returned he has......gorgeous page. Beautiful take on the sketch. You've created such a perfect background for your photo and how good is that splatting....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling too well, and have just recently found my desire for scrapping again too :)
    Your layout is super stunning...the colours, textures & splats look superb. So glad to see you back scrapping again & hope you can find the time to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow !!!!! you sure have got your mojo back, this is outstanding, loveeeeeeeeeeeee it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We absolutely can NOT have you mojo-less.....so I'm glad it's back:):):) And this is fabulous....love those natural textures in here & is that a Stampin' Up 'together' stamp I spy??? Works great with the title!!! Oh, & splats ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is SUPER!!! TOTALLY love this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lo. Love the brown colors. It's looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! it's never nice to lose your mojo.. LIKE all your Creations Miss J this is SPECTACULAR.... love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing, the colors are all perfect!! and I can see how the sketch inspired you... sometimes I think we just need to step away from the scrap desk and have a little break, and then come back and look with fresh eyes!! This is a wonderful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're back Jas, your pages are always really creative, love your splats on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your page ! It looks amazing, the way you have 'blended' the photo into your background. Really clever use of embellishments and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Jas, love it all. The earthy tones are brilliant. I think you found your mojo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. just awesome Jas - love everything about this one - so natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic layout...love the earthy colours of this, your splats :) & that photo! Great that your mojo is back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous layout Jas, the papers are beautiful with the rusty look, splats and that beautiful photo. Glad you found your mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. was wondering where you have been, glad to see you are back scrapping....and in fine form too~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love this Jas! The color, the simplicity, the design.....all goes so well with the sentiment here! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh Jas its just beautiful! No wonder your mojo picked up... this creation is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am delighted with your layout. This colors, details and photo, of course, are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the rusty effect! Perfect with your photo. So glad you have your mojo back, even though sometimes it's good to have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Arrgh I commented on this awesome layout a few days back. But my post has been eaten : (
    Jas, you certainly have your MOJO back! What a rocking layout. The photo seamlessly blends in with the page. Perfect splatts and embellishing x

    ReplyDelete