So Christmas Day is over.
Done.
Finished for another year.
Can you believe it?
There is such a lead up and then it is over so quickly.
The Shea's had a fabulous Christmas Day.
I was talking to a girlfriend a few days ago and we said we would love to celebrate a White Christmas.
Well that dream came true.....sort of.
We had a wicked storm sweep across Melbourne. We were swimming in my Sister-in-laws pool when it hit. We were pelted with hail stones as big as golf balls. It was unbelievable.
I have left my camera at her house so when I pick it up, I will show you a couple of pics.
The Shea kiddies were spoilt by Santa, again.
Santa knew that the boys needed an upgrade on their bikes. DS1 has had his for 5 years so a pretty good innings and DS2 & 3 probably about 3 years. DD has never had her own bike.
So guess what he delivered (along with the other 6 or 7 bits and pieces that we have had to build, construct and organise today)?
And moving right along.
I had to stop by so I could enter this page in the Get Picky challenge. Yay, another challenge I have been able to find time to play along with.
This is the inspiration sketch:
And I created my page about DD.
She has always hated the sand and the beach so each year on our pilgrimage to Qld, she would be terrified of the beach and cried at the touch of the sand and the sound of the waves crashing.
Here is a pic of what she was like:
However, this year, she LOVED it. Finally at 4.3, she realised that the waves crashing was actually fun to play in and that building sandcastles with sand between your toes was lots of fun.
Hope you are having a lovely Christmas break.
Take car.
Jasx

That storm sure did sound crazy. My brother and family were up from Melb and had to ring home to make sure their house, pets and cars were all safe. Sounds like a wonderful christmas day otherwise. Love your layout too xo
ReplyDeleteoh Jas ... this is superb .. love the pics and the story behind it ... that background paper is gorgeous .. love the whole page ... stunning .. hugz x
ReplyDeleteBaden was not well on Christmas day so we stayed home on our own .. he is having a tough time .. The surgeon has finally worked out the pain management!!! finally !!!!!! Baden has lost 10 kgs in 2.5 weeks ???? lots of side effects from the meds ...will eventually be over ... and it will be worth it .... xoxo
Gorgeous details, love your page and the story behind it..... cheers Adriana XX :)
ReplyDeleteStunning layout Jas!!!!! Love the MME background paper and what a cute little beach babe. Poor little thing in the previous photo crying at the sand. Hope you didn't get too many bruises from the hailstones!! :-)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous work! I love this, Jas! Thanks for playing along! :D
ReplyDeleteThose kids will have big smiles for a long time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun picture with all on their bikes.
I did not think you could have hailstorms like that where you live,...WoW
The lo is super sweet. Love the pretty colours and she is a real little princess.
My eldest is Alexandra,too!
Take care!
I love those beautiful photos, sooooo SUMMERY....just a loveky simple but fabulous design!
ReplyDeleteMerry Post-Christmas Jas :) Love how you've created three clusters and linked them using the butterflies, gorgeous take on the sketch!
ReplyDeletealways enjoy seeing what you create! your clusters are amazing, Gorgeous layout and I love the pic of your kiddies on their bikes xx :)
ReplyDeleteFab interpretation of the sketch. Love it all. Isn't it funny how things change with kids!!! Great pics too.
ReplyDeleteCheers Di xx
This is wonderful! Love all the layers and fab photos!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats Jas! Woot!!! :D
ReplyDeleteHuge congrats on winning the Get Picky Sketch Challenge!:)
ReplyDeleteWow, such a beautiful layout!
ReplyDelete/Ulrika
Beautiful Jas! I just love this layout & the photo series!! Beautiful photos and such a well designed layout! And woo hoo to the Shea kids for all their spoils LOL...
ReplyDelete