So I have called in to post my first ever LO for Scrap for Help
The first challenge was to create a layout, card or any other project based on the following:
Theme: Valentine's Day, love, feelings etc (In Brazil they celebrate Valentine's Day on June 12th)
Recycled item: bubble wrap and flags.
I cannot seem to create a LO with flags or a bunting as others seem to so I made my flags with my flower lace by adding string to it. I guess that is the fun of challenges, to use them as inspiration and interpret them according to your creativity.
I went nuts with the butterflies and I cut some with aluminium foil. This happened by chance as I had read that aluminium foil sharpens your punches (although I am not sure it did). But I loved the effect of the silver so I added them too.
And if you have a few minutes spare, please pop into this post at Scrap for Help to see just what this site is all about.
In the first month's launch of the blog we're campaigning for Educandário St. John the Baptist, which is located in Porto Alegre. They provide clinical care and therapeutic services as well as free special education for disabled children and the needy.
They are asking for donations of jumbo crayons and A4 paper to help these children. Something so small to us but something that is so helpful to others.
Thanks for taking the time to call in and read this post and thanks to Cynthia and the girls for creating a great site for a great cause.
Jasx
Wow Jas, this is gorgeous. Love the black butterflies against the red background. Beautiful! Enjoy your lovely weather.
ReplyDeleteJas this is sooooooooo beautiful and such a clever way of doing the banner .... perfect ...love the red background and the contrast with the touches of white and black ....MY FAVE COLOUR COMBO ..
ReplyDeletejust superb Jas ..hugz x
Wow!!!!Jasmine this is so gorgeus...I love so much what you have done...you are such a sweet and great friend!!!!
ReplyDeleteI very honored to work with you in scrapforhelp....very honored at all!!!!!
I wish a wonderful week .
Kisses and huges from Brazil.
Cynthia
OMGoodness!!!!! STUNNING!! I really, REALLY love this Jasmine...the colour, the butterflies, the muslin, the sweet banners, bubblewrap stamping...ALL OF IT!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!! the bubble wrap stamping looks Fantastic... the Muslin & of cause those butterflies all are FABBO & Such a CUTE pic....
ReplyDeleteOMG Jas what a masterpiece just love all those butterflies and the cute banner ...fab work
ReplyDeleteStunning Jas, really really gorgeous! All those butterflies look fantastic, cool trick with the tin foil!
ReplyDeleteooooo how beautiful Jas and HOW CLEVER to use the foil, I must try that!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletetotally stunning.. AMAZING butterflies..woohoo.. i love it all.. wowzer of colour..lots of layered clusters.. coolio photo.. YAY.
ReplyDeletesending you love......
Wow Jas, totally stunning. I love love love the butterflies and they look so fabulous on the red background. Just love it all :)
ReplyDeleteYou amazing me Jas...you really do...this layout is just breathtaking!! The butterflies are just stunning and the way you did your banner is so creative! have a great week :))xx
ReplyDeleteWOW Jas ADORE your LO!! The butterflies look fabulous travelling up the page, LOVE everything about this LO and your photos are just gorgeous!! Have a fab week :)))
ReplyDeletelove the butterflies...your page is gorgeous as always Jas
ReplyDeleteWow, this is so stunning, love the butterflies, will check out the sight also, enjoy the rest of your week.
ReplyDeleteoh Jaz.. that page is GORGEOUS :))
ReplyDeletesorry its taken me soooOooOOo long to stop by your blog :( but thanks for stopping by mine :)
enjoy the rest of your week
x
I love the concept of Scrap for Help but honestly find it a bit difficult to follow now that the shoe is on the other foot & I am trying to read broken English. I am not 100% sure if a recycled product is called for or not as it's not in the first list on their site, they only refer to it later & I think it's a word muddle up & they mean "specific" rather than recycled...but with your foil butterflies you're okay either way! Fine sandpaper is more effective from the sharpening point of view - try that...Love your very pretty layout...Absolutely special...I'm also a sucker for a rabble of butterflies :) Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the colours, design, butterflies...& that sweet photo. WoW!!!
ReplyDelete