About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, June 6, 2011

A birdy told me......

that this fortnights challenge at Bird is The Word is:  Amazing.

Nadia has produced a brilliant sketch again.  Now I always sit down with the sketch but I get a little sidetracked and my LOs don't end up anything like the sketch.
But, I have saved all of her sketches and they are close at hand when I need some inspiration.

So this is my interpretation of the challenge.  I don't have a lot of great shots of DS1 as I wasn't into photography as such back then......However, I really need scrap more of him when he was younger.

DS has always been that child that is into everything.  Still, at 9, he is just that little bit sneaky and if all is quiet, you know he is up to no good.

My twins were only babies when this pic was taken so I can only assume I was tending to them and when I walked out, this is what I saw.  He thought my lipstick would look good on him.  You can see he was at least trying to get it on his lips.


I've never done circles so I thought I would try it on this LO.  Mmmmmm, I will keep trying.  I am happy with it but it this is not what it looked like in my head.

Well this little chook is tired so night night.


Jasx

P.S.  Marelize just posted a comment re the word Amazing looking like I used lipstick.  Well, I forgot to mention, I actually did.  The things we do for a page hey??

25 comments:

  1. teehee I am waiting for the day when my boys get into my lippy...fab fab love the rips on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Love this...so so cute.

    I always start with sketches too and get sidetracked LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a priceless moment - how cute. I so love that BG paper - I've got one sheet and saving it for the perfect moment!! Thanks for the inspiration. Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe... the pics are so cute Jasmine! Love how you made it look like the word 'amazing' was written using lipstick. Fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous !!!!! love this jas AND I received my parcel today ...... thankyou I love it!! am going to make a card on the weekend will post it on my blog to show you .... LOVE those butterflies
    simply gorgeous .. was so terrific opening it and seeing all those beauties... mwah xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Love this LO Jas... I thought you had used Lipstick, Awesome.... The circle look FABBO!!!
    Enjoy your Week Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even covered in lipstick, he's still a cutie pie! Love this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely STUNNING Jasmine. I LOVE the raw chippie and the texture of the natural twine and doily. Your circles look fabo!! Cute pics too!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. your a clever chickie uh! just a gorgeous page. Love the woodgrain and the lipstick :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. woohoo.. and the lipstick..awesome idea..woohoo.. there is nothing wrong with your circles.. i love doing circles ..something alittle different i reckon..happy days..

    thank you...
    lots of sugar...lj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome LO Jas.. how cute are those pics!!! LOVE your circle elements and fab textures you do so well and the lippy title looks fantastic!! Have a fab day :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol...at the lipstick...hope it wasn't a good one!i have used nail polish on my layouts before...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehe... fab page and great memmory jas! i have a pic almost identicle of DS#1!!! too funny! same child also had a tee-shirt with 'if i'm quiet, you better find me' on it. never was he ever clothed more approriately!! lol .. :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay!! i've been trying to leave you a comment for weeks!! finally worked! :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. bahahahaha..I can TOTALLY relate to this one Jas, my little miss is one that is always into everything too! (ATM she has an obsession with any kind of toiletries - we often find her in the bathroom with shower gel in her hair or rubbing creams on her face...LOL) LOVE that you used actual lipstick for the title & the textures of this LO are FAB! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this layout on the BITW blog but add the personal journalling, amazing alright, Nate is exactly the same, I love hearing him....if I hear nothing I worry, he is funny about rubbing things on his face but add the mud puddle in the backyard to his feet and up his legs perfect boy trouble no matter how much I tell him not to go there, IT'S A BOY thing, GORGEOUS Jasmine, love the background paper, it is just stunning as usual. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so busy Jasmine! hard to keep up with all your beautiful creations. I love how you have used that wood grain pp, it kinda scares me but you have made it look easy!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the circles look great Jas, love the distressing and grungy feel to this layout. hope you used an old lippy, ha-ha, great idea! Cheers Leonie. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic layout - how cool is that lippie title! Love the use of the woodgrain pp too! I have to say I don't like working with circles much... don't know why - just not into them - LOL. You have done a fab job of this sketch!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!!! I have one of those little boys too!!! When he is quiet he most ALWAYS is into something!! This layout is just AWESOME!!! I love the circles...I think you did a fantastic job with them! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute pic! Fortunately my boys have not got to my make up...yet! LOL. Love all the details on your layout, especially the twine border and distressed edges, fab layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What has happened to this week for us both hey Jas?! Honestly I haven't visited & that's a disgrace!! I'm loving this layout & the lipstick writing - so cool!! Boys & the naughty stuff they get up to hey?! Wow....LOVING your woodgrain background too!! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the brown wood grain as a base for this! -So boyish... The whole design is fab. Love the circles and the different pp's and how the word 'amazing' appears to be written in lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jasmine totally fabulous and it just rocks with awesome details.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Teehee I've recently done photos of my boy into the lipstick...haha certainly something to remind them of later on ;)
    Love the effect of title word 'amazing'...very clever! Also love the circles...fab layout!

    ReplyDelete