About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Morning girls, I hope you had a FAB New Year.
We celebrated at my SIL. They have a new pool and being 40 in Melbourne, it sure was nice....
I even managed to see in midnight this year.
It is also 20 years since Nick and I first kissed (hehe). Sure makes me feel old...

Well, down to scrappy business.
Today is the 1st day of 2011 (can you believe) and also the 1st day of Jan and a new Stuck?! Sketch. This was a fantastic sketch to work with. It looks simple but it was great fun trying to fill in the space.

I wanted to capture the beach waves or something, or maybe I just wanted to play with tissue paper. Anyway, I did that and added some distress crackle paint over the top, then some mist with some watered down paint, some other bits of texture and tada. This is it.

Hope you enjoy your first day of 2011.

Jasx

8 comments:

  1. Jas, that page is um.. WOW.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :)))) love the tissue paper, I cant bring myself to try using tissue yet.. bit scared. haha.. but yours is truly wonderful :)))
    Ya to seeing NY in, not I said the fly, I was woken, at midnight with the sound of fire workers, but didnt even open my eyes. haha
    have a great day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Jas!! love the texture ... I may have a go atthis one .... happy new year, Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jas so stunning!! Love the tissue paper and the textures of the fibres & mesh... just gorgeous!! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now how super dooper cool does this look, the texture is incredible!!! Ilove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Jas :) Awesome LO - your tissue paper is very cool and I love change in texture those fibres add!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Jas....your layouts are always so inspiring!!

    Just saw the announcement on the KIU blog....woooHOOO, congrats!!!! Im so happy you're on the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey jasmine! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope 2011 brings you all you wish for.

    BEautiful layout! LOVE the tissue paper at the back. Love the colours you have used too. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete