Another yummy colour palette for you this month to play along with at Scrapfriends.
I have created a page about DD and how she loves to walk our dog Sam. Before we bought Sam all she wanted was a real life walking dog....
One night I was playing with some Glimmer Mist and I had taken the lid off....well of course it was a disaster waiting to happen.....and it did....it tipped all over my mat....luckily.....so I grabbed a white piece of cardstock and "mopped" it up which made for an amazing background.....I knew it would come in handy eventually for a page and this palette was perfect. I went over the page with some gesso and then used mist and texture paste also.
Nothing gets wasted in scrapbooking right?
We have just changed our rooms around so we can separate the twins so they have a bedroom of their own each which means hubby, kids and I are all sharing an office....luckily it is a really BIG room so there is lots of room for me to scrap (I had my own scrap room previously).. It also means the kids have a retreat room upstairs now too....we are wondering why we didn't do it earlier....lol.
So I am hoping to get off the computer soon so I can go and get my hands dirty in some paper, texture and colour in my new "shared" room.....
Jasx

Haha! That's a GREAT story for your bg!!!! The pink looks perfect & I'm a BIG fan of big flags...must try them myself!!! And I reckon with the kids in a rumpus room, you should have your 'shared' room mostly to yourself:):) Have a great weekend:):)
ReplyDeleteYour background is fantastic....the best art, I think, often comes from random accidents, creating is best when it's not controlled. You have done the accident proud and created a beautiful page full of complimentary details, and such a precious photo. xx
ReplyDeleteWow, quick thinking with the spill, it looks amazing as a background.
ReplyDeleteWowee that was a big spill but as you say it looks fabulous.Cute photo too.
ReplyDeleteI love that there are no (ok very few) mistakes in scrapbooking and that even a disaster can be saved. Great layout jas.... love how the background turned out. Great job as always.
ReplyDeletelove love love, this is a masterpiece x
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, I had a giggle at the title of real life walking dog!! cute photo, and there are no mistakes in scrapping... just wonderful creations!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this Jas, awesome background, love how you have turned a negative into a positive. The same thing happened to me recently except I knocked over a bottle of black mist, luckily I was working on a rather grungy layout & lucky for me it actually added to the layout. Love what you have done. Cheers Di xo
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colours & I love the background...fantastic layout!
ReplyDeleteLove your background! I always use up everything too - awesome! This is such a cool layout!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing colour palette. I really like the way you've worked it too.
ReplyDeleteThis is perfectly scrumptious! Really love that soft, serene, mixed-media background, and your pic is so sweet!
ReplyDelete