About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, September 1, 2012

HELLO SPRING

The sun is shining in Melbourne today, what a beautiful start to Spring.

I went along to the Paperific Expo in Melbourne today which I wasn't planning to attend until Karen Shady mentioned Manor House Creations had a stall and that she and Nerrida Mitchell would be there.  It was so lovely to meet two more scrappy peeps.  And of course, while I was there, I just had to buy a few more flowers to add to my collection.....lol.


I created this page for the next sketch at Skissedilla which is this:


Now take a cloooooose look to see where I went with the sketch....lol.
It was one of those pages where I went off the beaten track with the sketch.....but you can see it right?


The frames were from a stamp image off the net and I used baking paper to trace onto my page then went over them with a pen.  I then used Tim Holtz inks spritzed with water to colour the frames in.
Unfortunately the page did not photograph too well and it has come up with a blue shadow which was from the warp in the page.

Thanks for calling in and I have to say Thank You for your lovely comments.  I know I don't say it often but they really do mean a lot.

Jasx


27 comments:

  1. Wow! This is way cool! Love this so much!!! Totally absolutely awesome in every way!!! I totally relate to the theme too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one! The paint and frames look great and I love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Color Combo Jas...The frame work looks FAN FAB U LAS & love the butterflies!!
    BEAUTIFUL take on the Sketch.... x♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! love the frames, what a fab idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing take on the sketch.. I love the splash of green, especially the ink splats, and the butterflies are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can still see the sketch in there and I love the little additions you've added.
    The frames look awesome!
    Glad I was busy today cause I was thinking of paperific, and i'm sure you
    can appreciate how much I really didn't need to add to my stash;) lol
    Even though sadly it contains no manor house creations.
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous sketch and love the layout, fantastic colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the beauty of Skissedilla-you can interpret the sketch & they don't mind. I love your take on it...really great colours:): :):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, a part from the shadow (which really doesn't even bother me), this page is FANTASTIC!!! Love the colors, the photos and the overall carefree feel! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! super duper glorious xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Jasmine this is just stunning. I absolutely love what you have done with the sketch, it's so creative and those butterflies just really take my breath away. LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty page Jas! I can definitely see the sketch in there - love the watercolour effect & doodles...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh, I can definitely see the sketch in there Jasmine! Love it! The frames are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is sooooooooooooooooooo neat looking! Love the colors and stamping...so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big WOW from me too - this LO looks so FABULOUS Jas. You are so lucky to live close to where all the good craft shows are :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I can definitely see the sketch! Just love those doodled frames & the gorgeous green butterflies! Awesome background work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool page! Love the photos and all splashes of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was so nice to meet you in real life yesturday lovely lady ( and your Mum) thanks so much for calling in to see us

    and this LO... OMG where do i start !!! STUNNING is about the best word I can think of...

    hope you had a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This LO is absolutely fantastic!! Love the butterflies a big fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for joining skissedilla this week.
    Love your misting and splatting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh this is just gorgeous Jasmine.. and I can well and truly see the sketch as inspiration there. :-)
    Loving your work chick. xx
    (pssst.. have you checked your facebook inbox lately?? ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous layout Jasmine, even though you did expand upon the sketch it all works. Love the background and the frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. an AWESOME page Jas. love the baking paper idea :)) Love Skiss sketchs to.
    thanks for the inspiration :))) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous page Jas.. love the frame idea and the watercolour effect!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Jas! am chiming in with the otherladies, this is an AWESOME page and can sure see the sketch in there! beautiful work with the frames, just love love the paintwork! Mwah at ya!

    ReplyDelete