Hello lovely ladies.
I have just spent a wonderful weekend away with my hubby and kids. We stayed in the country and climbed mountains, bushwalked, saw many many kangaroos (I will post some photos when I download them from my camera because I think the overseas ladies would really love them), built a fire and toasted marshmallows and we visited our Farm Family who we met last year and again, we had an awesome experience.
The kids could not tell us enough what a great time they were having. It was a bit of a "team building weekend". Nothing beats getting away from the hustle and bustle of work, school and city life to escape to the country and wind down.
This is a pic I took on my phone when we reached the top of the mountain.
But before I went away we celebrated my Mum's Birthday and I decided to use this photo of her with her cake and the kids to create a page for The Color Room this week which is to use this palette:
And a close up first of my gold heart that I made using wire and placed over some sewing pattern hearts.
And my page (sorry Mum but now everybody knows how old you are.....)
Well, I am still catching up on work and washing so I better get back to it....
Jasx

Gorgeous gold heart Jas, and gosh! Your Mum is just a spring chicken :) Sounds like a divine weekend too.
ReplyDeletelove the wire heart...what type of wire do you use???just gorgeous
ReplyDeleteTotally gorgeous Jasmine! I love the wire heart layered over the sewing pattern paper hearts! Perfect background paper too. I'm sure your mum will love this. xx
ReplyDeleteYou've got me inspired with this one...I've got so many dress patterns screaming to be used up.....they look fabulous here. Ditto the book paper! Wondering where you went bush? Used to live in Victoria & looks like bush I'm used to!!!! :):):)
ReplyDeleteWow! Love your lo...simply beautiful! Your mother will love this too.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you and the family had a great weekend...love the peaceful looking pic. Can't wait to see the other pics.
Oh, yes- I would definitely love to see the kangaroo photos!! Hee hee! So cute! Although I've heard they can be pretty mean when prompted...
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fab time- glad you all had fun :)
As far as your LO- it's gorgeous, of course! I love the look of your photo against the vintage music note paper- fab work...
xErin
Beautiful page Jas and so glad you had a wonderful time away - I can just imaging! Except for the kangaroo part!! Do share!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful. Love the wire heart over the paper pattern....looks fabulous and that is such a beautiful little verse you have used. Love it all.
ReplyDeleteJust so gorgeous Jas - love Miss Emma sitting front and centre with all those boys!! Looks like she is talking!! Love the LO - hope your Mum had a lovely birthday - give her my best wishes.
ReplyDeleteoh your getaway sounds fabulous - we are so overdue to do a little family getaway - sometimes you just have to go and do it, hey! Look forward to seeing all your pictures. Love the LO you made of your mum's birthday - very special.
ReplyDeleteOh cool you went to the Grampians by the looks. Greg and I loved going there pre-kids, pretty sure I have pictures from a very similar vantage point, such a beautiful part of Victoria.
ReplyDeleteWell done with this colour palette, fab layout. I really like the tissue paper hearts.
I am really looking forward to friday week, especially after seeing pics this past weekend from the expo. I'll inbox you on FB.
Cheers. x
Gorgeous Jas - love the colours and your gold heart is so clever! xx
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Jas!
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous details and that background....stunning!
Hugs
xoxo
Truly gorgeous, Jas! I think your mum looks amazing for her age...so lets hope she doesn't mind us all knowing :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a fab getaway...your photo is just awesome!
OH my that gold heart is STUNNING!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous layout!!! I have been wanting to use wire for ages in my scrapping. This is stunning, Jas!!! :D
ReplyDeleteNice photo!!! I love the layout and the wire heart!!! Very cool!!! As for your mom..do you think she mind?LOL
ReplyDeleteHugsss!!!
I LOVE your gold heart Jasmine!!! Beautiful use of those colours and a stunning layout. :-)
ReplyDelete