About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hello Hello

Wow, a week has passed and no posts from me.....shows I have not scrapped for a while. And being end of financial year, hubby and I are so busy with work and then the rest of our lives in between that I have not even had time to scrap.

I am also at the "inbetween" stage I always seem to go through.  I scrap scrap scrap, then all of a sudden I come to a "crossroads".  Full of ideas but cannot get them onto paper, then I start to doubt myself and well, it all comes to a grinding halt.  Like now.

And I was a 'little' down too because I had applied for The Color Room DT but :(( not for me this time.  The girls are so amazingly talented that I am really a little shadow to them but it still kinda kicks you a bit.  I have not applied for a DT for so long that I forgot what rejection tasted like.

But I will stop the sad face and share with you what I created for my application. 


 And

(it is a little hard to see the journaling because of the photo but it reads" She creates a little in my life everyday".

BUT

Yesterday I spent the day with Tim Holtz.  Yes, the man himself.  I was pretty cool about it all until it came time to take a photo with him and I was really red and shaking and nervous....honestly Jas.

Thanks to my scrapbuddy Melissa from Artified and to Leonie for asking me along, I had the opportunity to attend Tim's all day workshop.
We created 20 tags and it was sooooooo much fun.  Leonie was the best company and we had quite a few giggles along the way and boy did we learn a lot.
So expect to see a few new techniques from me...if I can remember it all. I think it was the dirtiest I have ever let my hands get too...lol.

 And some of what I made:

For the girls & my Mum who are attending this weekend, you will LOVE it.  Enjoy!

Well thanks for stopping by and getting through all of this.  Hopefully I find my mojo now that I have "done" Tim and get some new pages created.

Take care.

Jasx

P.S.  My Mum wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of the girls who said such beautiful things about her published page.  You made her day.  Thanks from me too.

30 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you did not make the DT, but don't let it get you down. Your work is amazing and you always inspire me. And so lucky getting to learn from Tim himself. Can't wait to see some of what you've learnt in future layouts. Hope your mojo comes back soon and love your shares in this post xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejection only means there's something else in store for you. Jas, you are incredibly talented and I'm a huge fan of what you do- I think we all have our doubts sometimes- we all go through that "what the hell am I doing" stage- just have to push through it, learn from it. Taking a Tim Holtz class definitely helps too, lol!! Jealous! Looks like what you made was quite fun- can't wait to see how you apply it to your work now.
    Take care, lots of hugs, and keep doing what you do!
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know! It wont matter What I say you still will feel a little down.... BUT! I will say it anyways...... We have all been there & The best of the best have been at some stage not been selected on Designer Team!!
    My thought's are when applying & Not selected!!! My style is JUST not what they are after THIS time around... BUT! keep on applying & you never know they just might want/need your style next time... PERSONALLY! I think You & your AMAZING Creations are always FULLY Inspiring... & you would be a AWESOME TCR Designer.....
    Lucky Ducky to get to go & do a Tim Holtz class & then get a photo..
    A TAD Jeeeealouuuuus! Enjoy your Weekend Miss J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you missed out the Color Room Jas, chin up and remember that it is their loss =) I am so jealous you got to "do" Tim Holtz hehe. If anyone can get can get your creative juices flowing it would be him! Looking forward to seeing a bit of Timmy grunge on your future layouts xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enough with the sad face lovely! You cast a long shadow and that's because your scrapping is brilliant and shines with you style. Rejection is yukky though, regardless of any pep talk. {hugs}. Now I'm going to let you into a little secret in the hope it makes you smile - Tim creeps me out, he just wears too many rings for my liking... Shock, horror, a traitor in the ranks I hear you shout! But I do love his stuff and your tags look awesome. So, I shall hang around your blog until you reveal more Tim-style and then I shall scraplift you lol (unless you too have a penchant for rings that I've failed to notice...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jas I love your work and not making the team will just give us (your followers) more of your work because you wont 'be under the pump' designing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another of those ups & downs...but what a BIG up & fantastic experience spending the whole day with Tim...& you did sooooo much. That would be v inspiring & I'm sure we'll be the ones enjoying looking at the fruits of your labours:):):) Chin up, just have fun playing:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have all felt the rejection sting. It totally SUCKS!!! Ur pages r both gorgeous. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that goes thru the creation cycle too!How awesome to spend the day with Tim!! I'm sure there will b lots of amazing opportunities out there with ur name on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pages Jas - it's hard to have rejections :-( Hope you can get some re-newed mojo soon - it's good to have a little break and be re-inspired. You work is always awesome and I love your style - stay true to yourself ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try not to take the rejection too harshly, Jas...I know it's hard & it can make us sad & feel that our work just isn't good enough...but what Rachael said is true...it's not that our work isnt'good enough, it's just that our style is not what they are looking for at THIS time. I also believe that when one door closes & another one opens....I'm sure that your amazing work will have that new door opening some time soon! :)

    Can't wait to see your Timmy techniques coming thru on your layouts....lucky you! So envious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You saw Tim!!! Lucky girl!!! Love your two pages!!! That magic page really touched me!!! And as far as not making the DT you have other opportunities coming your way no doubt! I for one stop by to see your pages as they are a less scripted and get a wee bit wild, which inspires me!!! Hugs from New York!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you had a ball with Tim ..... he is such an awesome talent .... cant wait to see what you create from his teachings .... please dont take it personal about TCR ... there will be other places for you just waiting around the corner .... and your work is so inspiring and amazing ... you have such talent within you .. love it all xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Jasmine, Tim Holtz, how fun!!! I would love to go to one of his classes. I love both of your layouts!! I would have chosen you :) I've been wondering where you have been, hope to see you scrapping more, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have great style and we admite what you do! Great work with your two layouts. Sorry about TCR but maybe next time? I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jasmine knows, these days I was talking with a friend about isto.É a painful process and that deeply bothers no one likes to deal with rejection!
    Never enter a conswgui dt call here in Brazil! And no thanks for your application received!
    But I agree with what the girls say, one door closes and three open ... I am living proof of it!
    You are very talented, your work is wonderful!
    I loved your layouts!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pages are amazing. The MAGIC one is absolutely stunning.....luv it to bits. Hope your mojo returns very soon......it's a pain when it takes a holiday, hey.....but it will return.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! These layouts are gorgeous!!! Seriously Jas - you are sooo talented and please don't worry about the rejection. We've all been rejected, but being rejected makes being accepted even sweeter!!! Those tags look amazing and that's a great photo too with Mr Holtz. ;) Lucky duck to be in his class! Sooo cool!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are not a little shadow to anyone Jasmine! Wash your mouth out!
    You're your own unique, innovative, creative, awesome woman!
    But yeah I totally empathise with how it hurts :(
    These are totally fabulous layouts, love the big photo, how you've put butterflies in the kids hands...just beautiful!
    Friday was so fantastic hey? Thank-you for your company and the hospitality too. Can't wait to start putting it into practise!
    Cheers! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi jas!!!! i think we ALL feel the same when we miss out on a DT. i applied for Prima (i dont know what i was thinking??!?!!)but didnt make it! but i still got a bit disappointed even though i wouldnt have a chance to get in but suppose its just getting your name and work out there and next time round they might want your style or have a dream come true???
    i LOVE your scrappiness AND LUCKY YOU for getting to meet and do a TIM HOLTZ class!!! jealous much?????
    anita xxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know exactly how feel, like everyone else has already said, we all suffer rejection from time to time & it is HARD to be philosophical about it at the time. I think it just boils down to maybe your style might just be different to what they are looking for on the day. A different way to look at it would be that you are UNIQUE because how many other people do we know who are on the "Creative Team" of Scrapbooking Memories magazine???? A magazine with a massive circulation, that is probably a BIGGER feather in your cap than being on a DT for a challenge blog!! Your work is always amazing Jas & you give so much inspiration to so many people. Chin up & I hope your mojo returns soon. In regard to the Tim Holtz class, so glad you had a great time, I knew you would because like I said last week, he really does an amazing class, doesn't he? Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jas I love your 2 layouts they are stunning. I love the butterflies and the big photo in the first one. The 2nd one is incredible- I loovve the page design! I'm with the other ladies. Your work is incredible, do not let the rejection get you down.
    What an amazing class with Tim Holtz.
    I hope you have a happy Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  22. The ladies above have covered me! Like Scarlet O' Hara says "After all..tomorrow it's a new day"..!!! Smile and move on and have a great scrapping time & fun!! Your style is unique and..oh, come on..you work for a SUPER magazine!!!Hello??...LOL...
    I am jealous about Tim Holtz!!! I really don't think he will ever visit poor little Greece...snif...
    Hugsss!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pages are fabulous! I really like the way you have the strings with the butterflies in the first one...just so pretty! Rejection, I think at times we all feel it. Don't feel bad....every place is looking for a certain style...kinda like when we vote as DT members....there are gorgeous lo's that enter, yet you must narrow it down, and in the end, there are some perfectly fabulous lo's that don't get picked that would have if there was more room. Love your style Jas....ya got to shake it off and keep on making your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. pick your self up dust your self off and keep trying, I have been there done that and continue to but it just means it wasnt right for you at that time, what ever you do DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I understand you, Jas, rejection is a little sad but that means that something better is waiting for us...!! These pages are Sooo Beautiful!!! love the strings with the butterflies looks fantastic and the second one looks amazing..love the cardboard!!!
    Your work is so Beautiful, Jas!!! Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry you missed out on TCR Jas. Your work is always beautiful and inspirational. You should never doubt yourself. Your talent is clearly evident. Something better and more perfect for you will come along. I have no doubt. So glad you enjoyed your day with Tim!!! I wish I could have attended that one with you!!

    Your layouts are both gorgeous Jasmine. Especially love the corrugated car background. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry you didn't make TCR DT Jas.. I adore your work and always find inspiration in your beautiful creations. Don't let it get you down.. I agree with Marilyn's comment that maybe this means there is something better for you just around the corner. LOVE both your LO's.. just gorgeous!! Big hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG Jas...where to start!? Your statement of being at the 'crossroads' was like you were talking about me...speaking my thoughts! I guess it happens to all of us, hopefully you've found your mojo again ;) I'm so sorry about the TCR DT, I personally don't understand it & don't allow it to doubt yourself...you are a huge inspiration! I absolutely love your top layout, that oversized photo is gorgeous with the journaling on it, it's breathtaking! Such sweet photos on the 2nd & I love the texture.
    Very envious of your day with Tim ;) I loved my 2hr class...he was amazing!
    {hugs} to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post Jas and beautiful layouts! Thanks for your honesty about your disappointment. I was also rejected if that's any consolation. I have applied for 3 lately...failed with 2 and haven't heard from the 3rd yet - have this sinking feeling I should have by now. I guess we would be as picky too if we were in their shoes. No matter how thick skinned we become, it hurts...maybe more like a flick on the arm now, less like the punch in the face it used to feel like, but enough to make us experience the full range of emotions we all have to claim not to have felt LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My darling sweet talented girl, rejection certainly hurts but also I firmly believe that things happen when they are supposed to happen and opportunity arrives when least expected. I know it's no consolation whatsoever but I am convinced you've got something really great waiting for you and HEY working for a magz is huuuuge!! Ooooh love seeing you in that piccie with Timmie boy, must have been quite an experience and I am totally JEALOUS!! haven't seen the man in our parts of the world yet :(( Mwah mwah mwah! (I know, I'm really overdue with my comment)

    ReplyDelete