So this is one milestone but we reached another last night.
My daughter was diagnosed with Talipes of her left foot during my 20 week ultrasound. She also suffered dislocated hips which was diagnosed at 6 weeks.
So after plasters, braces, surgery and Dennis Brown boots, her foot is where it should be for now.
The reason why this is a milestone for us is that last night was the last night she had to wear her boots to bed.
So tonight, she can go to bed like we all do, just her and her 'free' feet.
Tomorrow she can wake up on her 4th Birthday and climb out of bed herself (rather than calling out to her Mum to come and take her boots off first).
I am so proud of HER and the way she has handled this condition for the past 4 years and I am proud of ME for being there for her all the way.
So this is a photo that I took of her in hospital a few days after she was born, just before her first plaster went when on.
It amazes me to look at this photo and to look at her foot now which looks like yours and mine (you can see her foot in the photo on my LO).
We have been counting down the days from about 49 until she didn't have to wear her boots and the other day we took out her first pair of boots and compared them to her current boots to see how much she had grown. She was quite fascinated by it all.
So of course I had to create a page to commemorate this occasion.
Now I am sure you have all heard of an amazing lady by the name of Julie Winks. Well she has done a video for Miss Arts on layered layouts. My fave.
I have been going to join this site for a while so when I saw Julie had a video I jumped on board.
And she was brilliant. It was quiet funny to hear her speak and see her. She has always been in cyberworld but now I feel like I know her.
Her work is amazing and I actually found that I worked a bit like her but she really does plan her page first, something I don't do. I just go with the flow and hope it all comes together in the end. I love her use of texture paste and templates so I had to give this a go, something I have always been a bit scared of but she made it look so easy..... and it is. Thanks Julie, your class was fantastic.
Now I have to show you a close up of my butterflies first:
So my girl, congratulations. We did it.
Now lets go and finish that chocolate cake with chocolate icing and M&Ms (her request) for tomorrow.
Jasx
P.S. To you Mum when you read this, Thank You too for your words of encouragement and your love along the way. I love you.
P.S.S. Are you as teary as me now......hehe.
Oh how precious. I am teary! I hope she has a magnificent birthday tomorrow :) :)
ReplyDeleteWow Jas, I am teary just reading that !!! Such a big milestone and I hope your little girl has a fantastic birthday to celebrate. By the way, you LO is simply beautiful (as usual) Love those butterflies.
ReplyDeleteHave a super day
xx
Aw Jas, what a wonderful milestone and how lucky your little girl is to have a super mummy like you :-) Happy Birthday to her, big hugs
ReplyDeletexxx
PS. That page is WOW ... gorgeous!!! I am rather partial to pink :-) and all the layers and textures are delicious too :-) :-)
Oh wow, congratulations. We all have our little things which we have to deal with as Mums, and some are not as little as others. Well done for getting through it and not loosing your mind in the process. Enjoy the birthday celebrations. You had me choking up and I haven't even met you.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! What a truly amazing milestone. Congratulations. I hope you and your little girl have a fabulous day tomorrow. Your LO rocks!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhh YES! WOW! FAN FAB U LAS... What a Beautiful Milestone to share JAS!!!
ReplyDeleteA little Teary ME is right now..Sniff Sniff
Your Layout is Such an Gorgeous memory to Scrap!!!
A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR PRECIOUS GIRL
Enjoy
xx
remember all of this too -
ReplyDeletecongrats to you emma, finally its all over. What a difference those boots are.
gorgeous photo and beautiful layout to remember this milestone.
Call you tomorrow for your birthday!!
Awww such a great moment for you all. Well done big girl. The time always goes too quickly - my little girl is four this year also and I still can't believe it. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteGreat LO. Love the colours and the writing looks great the way you have done it.
mwah
trace
Woohoo, well done to you both on reaching such a big milestone. Happy Birthday to your little girl for tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful page, love the butterflies.
What a wonderful milestone Jas. OMG what a gorgeous page... so soft and dreamy and I ADORE your divine butterflies!! Big birthday wishes to your beautiful little girl! :)))
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous post here Jas.....
ReplyDeleteSo So special this LO is!!!!!
Congrats to you to your DD and to your mum for all of your dedication!!!! Happy birthday to your daughter for tomorrow..
What a lovely LO i love all that pink and the stitching!!
Bye for now off to get a few tissues
TONI
XOXOXOOXOX
Wow! Well done!!! So happy for you both!!! And what a STUNNING LO!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Congratulations to you Jasmine and your darling daughter. What a brave and beautiful girl. I hope she enjoys her 'free feet' tonight. Your layout is so completely beautiful. Absolutely love it and I love Julie's work too so I am off to check out the class. Thankyou for the link!! Enjoy the cake. :-)
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful Jas - congrats on your little girls birthday - hope it's a wonderful day. You LO is just gorgeous - so, so very pretty - loving that soft pink!! Enjoy the cake and hope it's super YUM!! (PS - thanks for your very lovely comments)
ReplyDeleteoh Jas that's heartwrenching yet heartwarming all at the same time, (tearing up here) What an amazing little girl you have, and yourself, i can't imagine the dedication and strength required of a Mum in such a situation. I am so happy for you, and your daughter, i'm sure she will have a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for tomorrow.
Your Layout is stunning!
p.s. I hear i might be seeing you down my way soon, can't wait!
xox
aawww Jas this is sooooooooooooo wonderful ... worth celebrating .....I have learned in life that everyone has a story to tell no one really knows what anyone else has to go through .... you are amazing .... that LO is awesome .. one of the best you have ever done... so much love and tenderness has gone into this one .... beautiful absolutely beautiful ...
ReplyDeleteI have been working up the courage to scrap a page using the last photo I took of my precious son Mark before he was tragically killed on his motorbike ...I miss him so much ...
lots of love to you gorgeous girl .. hugz x
amazing Jas.. what a way to document a perfect occasion..and wow.. LOOK at how far she has came.. and you as well.. congrats.......
ReplyDeleteOMG... and that layout is gorgeous..... {oh and i've met Julie in person.. haha.. lol..rub it in} and anyho.. she is as gorgeous as you think she is.... and i love it..
lots of love an sugar... i hope that i can repay you for your gorgeousness that you have given me over the last few weeks.. MWAH..
Jas
ReplyDeleteyou certainly know how to make a girl cry...congrats to your little one....what a milestone...these moments are the best to scrap and remember...xxxxxxx
Wow...what an amazing milestone for your little girl, Jas... & you've documented it beautifully with such a gorgeous LO. Well done to your little girl for all the hard work she has had to put in over the years...and well done to Mummy & Daddy for always being there.
ReplyDeleteI can just picture her bouncing out of bed tomorrow morning to celebrate her birthday....without her boots. God bless her <3
Hope she has a wonderful birthday :)
oh jas! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your precious child. This is the last thing I read tonight just before midnight in bed...and you have just touched my heart and put everything in perspective for me. Thank you. I am so so happy for her and you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful milestone Jasmine! Thanks for sharing it with us. You and DD are very lucky (and blessed) to have each other. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteYour layout looks fantastic! I love the colours, the texture and of course the gorgeous pic.
Take care. xox
I am so happy for your little girl and for you. Happy birthday to that beautiful girl!! Your layout is stunning, girly and perfect. Thanks for sharing your story with us!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your precious girl. This is such a super duper gorgeous LO. Totally luv it all. tfs this milestone with us.....I'm feeling teary but in a happy way. What a wonderful Mum you are.
ReplyDeleteI just cried like a baby reading that - how wonderful and how exciting for your beautiful little girl (what a great birthday present!). Your layout is absolutley stunning! oxo
ReplyDeleteWoweeee Jas. I love it, love it, love it!!! fabulous page, fabulous sentiments... and just fabulous full stop! Those butterflies are just gorgeous, so dainty and pretty! and omgosh, thanks so much for the plug *blushin* .. :)) what a gorgeous and courageous little girl you have... happy birthday sweetie! hugs... xx
ReplyDeleteThis is such an amazing layout, Jasmine. And even more special because of the story behind it. That is so wonderful that today's medical technology can "correct" the foot like that! TFS.
ReplyDeletexo
teary here too Jas..... Happy birthday little, what a strong, brave girl you are ....xx and congrats Mummy on a job well done
ReplyDeleteAaaah Jas this must have been such a challenge for you. Congrats to all concerned. What a beautiful layout to commemorate such a happy occasion & Happy Birthday to your baby :)
ReplyDeleteFiquei encantada pelo teu trabalho.
ReplyDeleteLindo!!
Jasmine, this is such an incredibly special post...I am sorry that your baby girl has had a challenging start to life but I am absolutely thrilled for her, you and your family that she has reached this amazing milestone of being able to wake up without the brace....what a wonderful thing for her. May she be blessed going forward with good health, wonderful positive experiences in life and happiness.
ReplyDeleteYour layout is too gorgeous for words...it is breathtaking! I LOVE the textured paste butterflies...they look AMAZING! I love the design and distressed edges....fabbo doll.
Thank you for sharing this story and layout with us..
So sorry I am only getting to this now..but just reading that made me get all teary...what a wonderful day it must have been for you all...your strength amazes me Jas...you are a wonderful mummy! Your layout just proves it...just STUNNING...the soft colours are just perfect to reflect your emotions at this time. Happy birthday little one..enjoy you day :))xx
ReplyDeleteawwww wiping my tears now....what an incredible milestone for your family, and ur amazing lil girl!!! congrats and hey, if you can conquer that...you can conquer ANYTHING!! X luv ur LOs too {thx for the heads up on Julies class, will pop over when i get a min}
ReplyDeleteYour so clever! LOVE your layout so much and Julies class looks amazing x :)
ReplyDelete