This month at Scrap for Help, the theme is Father's Day set by Angie who you can visit here. And remember, you need to use a recycled material. On my page, I have recycled a clothes tag, some stamps and some twine from old packaging.
This is a photo of my father-in-law when he was young, before marrying and before a family. A man that I never knew way back then.....
Now I have decided to bring back the eyelet in this LO also. I have sooooo many in my stash and it was kinda exciting to get my hammer and tools out and make a bit of noise.
and a close up of a gorgeous Prima flower, my recycled stamps and my Imaginarium Designs chippy in the background.
And for the whole page.
So tonight is the night. The new bed......
It looks so inviting and I am finishing of a LO then I am making a date with it.....
Hubby has gone to a friend's to watch the footy so my cold and I are going to snuggle up....
And now I want to finish with a big Thank You to all of you gals who gave me hugs and words of encouragement in my last post. And to those who had also lost or nearly lost a purse or phone, ran over some groceries, have scheduled melt downs, get into the bath fully clothed.... .now I know how you feel.....
I actually had a few giggles over your stories.....thanks.
And later on that day I had a lightbulb moment and realised how I must have left it with the groceries.
Because I had two orders that day, I left a gap between them on the conveyor belt. But with the movement of the belt, some of the groceries had crossed 'that line'....The cashier asked where it was divided and I must have already taken my purse out ready to pay, then in showing her where the groceries split and putting some of them back in their place, I have dropped my purse and being black, did not see it against the black belt.......
It actually made me feel a bit better knowing how it happened and that I wasn't just being careless.
Ok, better run.....I have a date.
Jasx
Love your layout and glad you're feeling better. We all have those rediculous moments... so long as you can try and laugh after the fact, it's all good. Part of being human ;-)
ReplyDeletelove your LO Jas .. the elements are soooo creative ... love that backgound too ... and the lacing with the eyelets .. fabulous grunge .. hugz x
ReplyDeletedo you know what we are meant to do for September SFH..????? xoxo
LOVE how you've used the eyelets!! Fabulous page!!
ReplyDeleteGR8 minds think alike Miss J!! hehehehe
ReplyDeleteI just finished a LO last night with a rip & eyelets...... Mine is for a CT Layout so unable to show till next month!! hehehehe
ANYWAY back your Layout which is another Amazing Creation...
love it All!!
xx
The eyelets look great Jas...i have plenty too..might need to use...LOL
ReplyDeleteWow, I love how you've used the eyelets with the twine loosely threaded through them...really suits the style of the LO. Love the little postage stamps too - fabulous LO :)
ReplyDeleteOh this is wonderful! I'm starting to fall back in love with my eyelets ;)
ReplyDeletelovely page! I am rather fond of black and this page has managed to stick in my head quite completely!
ReplyDeleteJust amazing Jasmine!! another beautiful layout!!!! love how you did those eyelets and twine GREAT job!!!!
ReplyDeleteOH i hope you had a great date with your BED!!! LOL
Sweet Dreams to you!!!!
Toni
XOXOXOXOXO
GORGEOUS!!!!!! the core looks amazing and your rustic touches are just perfect, be sure to load this up on the COREDINATIONS facebook page.
ReplyDeleteLove the page Jasmine, especially love the black background, black is one of my fav colours to use as a background just make everything pop. Great use of the eyelets.
ReplyDeleteLove this Jas. Really love it..So olde worlde! Enjoy the bed & chin up - I'm sick too & I couldn't even go out grocery shopping in this state. We only make the occasional "mistake" because we are so busy being superwomen all our lives :)
ReplyDeleteJasmine just a stunning and amazing page!! another beautiful layout!!!!
ReplyDeleteI really love how you did those eyelets and twine just a great work as always !!!!
I hope you had a great time in your new BED!!!
Thanks again for be so special and be a great and wonderful friend!!!
I fell always so honored to play with you side.
You leave in my hart my dear !!!1
I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges
Cynthia
Toni
Simply a beautiful use of the Core, I love your corset stitch and great use of vintage elements!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful page - great use of the Core!
ReplyDeleteHi Jasmine
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful , congratulations!
Kisses
Babiboas
Love this LO Jas. Love how you have used the eyelets, awesome stuff !!! Thanks for the blog love, always makes me smile.
ReplyDeletehave a great day
xx
WOW Jas...just LOVE this layout...I want to reach out and touch it!! Love your use of the eyelets...such a great idea for a vintage photo :))xx
ReplyDelete