About me, my family and anything scrap related

Friday, May 6, 2016

From Boyish to Girlish – Scrap FX has it all

I love that Scrap FX products are so versatile and can be used for so many different creations.

In this post I have created a “boyish” themed page and then onto a very “feminine” themed page.

Remember this Moment

Remember this Moment” was a perfect title for my page about my son who taught himself to solve the Rubik’s cube. It amazes me what is at their disposal these days with You Tube.  No wonder we couldn’t solve it as kids, we didn’t have anyone on a video to teach us the algorithms.


 I have also used the Squared Stamp in my background which I thought was perfect for the cube shape of the Rubik’s Cube and it’s many pieces.


 I also couldn’t help myself but to use the Art Deco Plaque which reminded me of a little person and a bit intricate like my son and the Rubik’s cube.


Forever in My Heart

My next page is about my Mum and I and celebrating her 65th Birthday.  I wanted the page to have a very soft, feminine and heartfelt feel.



I added a lot of texture to my background and then using the Art Deco Stencil I used a fine spray of mist as a layer to the background also.

I have a bit of a habit of altering my chipboard pieces but I love that you can do this to suit your page.  For example, I used the “Forever in My Heart” title but I felt the “Heart” word was a little too big for the space I had so I cut this piece off (and I can use this at a later stage on another page of course) and I used a heart from the Heartscrawl (again by cutting it off) to the right of my page, therefore taking your eyes across the page also.



 And lastly I added one of the Cocktail Glasses on my page to highlight our cocktail glasses in the photo.

So I hope that provides you with a little insight into using or even altering the fabulous Scrap FX pieces on your pages.

Jasx

1 comment:

  1. These look wonderful! Trendy background on the first layout and such a pretty second layout!

    ReplyDelete