About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Scrap Around The World July Challenge

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

Hope you are well and happy.

We are just finishing off our two weeks of School Holidays.  They have been very quiet and relaxing this time. I didn't plan to do a lot.  We run around so much during the school term that I just wanted to chill out and being the middle of Winter, it's a perfect time to do just that.

Scrap Around The World have another amazing mood board this month which you can find here.

I have been struggling with challenges and scrapping at the moment. I think I have started 4-5 pages lately and they have all ended up in the bin. I'm just not happy with "my style" and even with this page....not sure but I wanted to try something a bit different.
The first thing that jumped out at me in the mood board was the aqua flower and butterfly, the pink of the steps and I even tried to create a "dreamcatcher page".  Nothing was working.
I knew I wanted to use this photo of my children running up the steps and when I saw the colours in the photo were those in the mood board also, that's the direction I went in.
I printed the photo on vellum for something a little different.


 And here is the beautiful mood board:



Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day/afternoon/night.

Jasx

11 comments:

  1. Hah! You got to scrap. Go you :) And a really neat take on the challenge....love the big photo, vellum photo idea:):) Hope the holidays have gone reasonably well, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jas! How fabulous does that photo look printed on the vellum? I love it! I really love that you have stepped out of your comfort zone and tried something different (must be the week for it, I did too...LOL) I think you've done a fantastic job! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with this layout! Love the colors and the softness of the vellum. Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC layout & brilliant design too. Love it. Jaz remember to also load your entry onto our SATW FB page for an extra chance to win an awesome prize.Always great to have you play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout !! I love the colors and photo !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate about the scrapping block... I get it too... This layout looks wonderful, love the big photo and love that quote too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is fabulous! I love the size of the photo! Remember that you must link back to our blog but also to this challenge site on our blog. Thanks for playing along with us at SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous layout !! I love the big picture ! Thank you for playing at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, greeat idea and great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea and an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely glorious .... stunning piece of arty goodness, love this Jas xoxo

    ReplyDelete