About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, August 24, 2013

CSI #86

CSI has a lovely subtle case file this week.  If you have never played along, give it a go.  I was a bit daunted the first time I played as there seemed to be so much in the criteria but there really isn't.  Just use the colours, 2 pieces of evidence and 1 piece of testimony.  Easy peasy.

So this is how I solved my case:



My scheme is in my colours
My evidence is in my art mediums and my "speech bubbles".
My testimony is in handwritten journaling within a "window".

I tried to create a page by using the bubbles to represent all of those thoughts and ideas that are swimming around my head all day....and night....lol.  Whether it be for scrapbooking, for work, for the house, for parenting....it's non stop.

Well on that note, I am off on a night away with hubby.  We are heading to the country and I have booked us in for massages and facials....cannot wait.  The best thing is the kids don't even care as they are heading to their grandmas (we are splitting them into 2 at each) so they know they will be getting more than they would here....ie.  McDonalds, lollies etc.... lol.

Jasx

18 comments:

  1. this is such a cool and funky page, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have FUN.....oh, yeah, Grandmas ROCK......such FUN joining that club & sneaking the Wonder Child things like Biscuits that are a 'no-no' at his home!!!! LOOOVe this....all those thoughts flying around.....the circles!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I can relate about the things I think of sometimes.. can't turn the thoughts off at times... love your fabulously creative and imaginative layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous Jaz, I saw this layout over at CSI earlier today and it jumped out at me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous LO Jasmine!! love it to bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is a fabulous page Jas - love all that art medium in the background and the design - very effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun this lo is! Love the circles and perfect colors you've used here. Looks great Jas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page ! You know it almost looks like it's been done digitally ( and of course I mean that in a good way ), it has that translucent look, love the quirkiness of it, great photo and I know exactly what you mean about stuff going on in your head, oh, sometimes it's just over load ! A night away and a massage sounds perfect for some 'brain relief'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an arty page - I love it!! Enjoy your getaway! Sounds fantastic... yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lovely sorry it's been ages since I visited any blogs. This is super. Gorgeous picture of you.
    Hope your well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. SERIOUSLY love how different this is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic my friend! Glad it's not just me with a million thoughts popping into my head day & night!! Enjoy the massages & try to RELAX!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my goodness - this is so cool!!!!!!!!!!! Love this so much. I am with you on the swimming thoughts. They keep me up all night!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Thanks for visiting my poor dusty blog - it was lovely to *see* you :) Gorgeous LO - love those speech bubbles and totally get the swirling, swimming thoughts. Hope your get-away was incredible.
    PS Congrats on your Jot mood board win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh this is gorgeous Jas!!! just love the circle work...
    I'm so glad to hear that you were daunted the first time you took on CIS, cos, that's how I feel when I look at it.... but would love to play.... need to peel back the layers me thinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've worked wonders with busy papers on both this and the Scrapfriends colour challenge. Both are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jas, I've fallen way behind in my blogging. I'm just catching up on some of your layouts. You have been on an awesome scrappy roll! Love this layout, so creative. The flow to the page is wonderful. Hope you and hubby had a good time away x

    ReplyDelete