I just love Louise Nelson's work as I am sure you all do. She is so inspirational, unique and her work just makes me sigh with every page.
I have always wanted to take one of Lou's classes but have not had the chance so a video tutorial is the next best thing.
So if you too want to have a try, have a looksee here . You won't be disappointed.
This is my creation. Very similar but just a little different (and no where near as good as hers but good enough for me).
This is a photo of me and my gorgeous friend Nadia when she came to visit earlier in the year. I can't wait to see her again, hopefully soon.
And so while I was Lou inspired, I created this page which I am going to enter in Scrap The Girls this month which is to create a page using a photo taken outside.
I still have 6 months before this little girl becomes a school girl and I want everyday to go slowly because I am going to miss her so much. I think because she is my last child to go to school and because it is the end of an era. I will have had children at home with me for 11 years and it will take some adjusting.
Thanks for stopping by.
Jasx
WOWOWOW!!!! You did an amazing job and yes you are as good as Louise in your own way!!!I love the photo of you & Nadia!!! I wish I could meet you both too!!!As for your little girl...I hope you will adjust easily! Enjoy your precious time with her!!!
ReplyDeleteHugssss!!!!!!!
oh my...they both are gorgeous and i think louise would be so proud!
ReplyDeleteBoth are just SO beautiful- you've embraced her style very well and made it your own- I always love whatever you do!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, we all have to come to that "end of an era" at some point, don't we? Time just goes by so fast- you don't even realize it while you're "in" it- until that time is gone and you're left sitting there like "Whoa, what happened?"- so I'm glad you're taking the time to focus on your youngest, enjoying the time you have "left"- before the new chapter begins. I am trying to do the same- cherish each day, spend that time- really "look" at my babies, memorize their faces for they won't always be the same :(.
All the best, my friend :)
xErin
oh my jas both are gorgeous but the STG one took my breath away....love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteI got sad for you too thinking about your last one going to school...definitely the end of an era...which I am sure will be hard intially but then the peace and quiet and tidy house and time to yourself will be divine!
Would love to see you before August but dont think it's going to happen is it?
WOW! Miss J.... Both these look GORGEOUS!!
ReplyDeleteLOVIN the Butterflies you have got going on......
I Still remember REALLY embracing & ENJOYING the last year with My DD before she headed off to School & that was 3 Years ago now....Time does sure fly!
wowowowowow very impressive Jasmine, I especially love that top one the colours are stunning!
ReplyDeletesimnply gorgeous! I haven't been to your inspiration's page but will head over there ...loving for the colors and the paint drips and the photo placements...love love love
ReplyDeleteWoweeeewow!! I love those layouts! The one with the butterflies is spectacular!!
ReplyDeletelove your 'lou inspired' LO Jasmine - it's it great we can take inspiration from others and make it our own. You've done well. Love your STG LO too - such a sweet picture.
ReplyDeleteI think you've done Louise proud Jas. You've taken her style and given it just the right amount of Jas-ness :) Enjoy the rest of your year, savour every moment because before you know it she'll taller than you and going to France (or some other far flung country) for seven weeks without you(can you hear my heart breaking lol).
ReplyDeleteHI.. Your layouts are amazing! so beautiful, free and creative!! Love these!
ReplyDeleteAwesome lo's Jas. Love the artsy look of the one with you and Nadia in the first and the texture in the second looks very cool..
ReplyDeleteJas these are stunning. You have such a wonderful style. I adore these, inspired by Lou but all your own creativity. Just awesome. Awww I should have been there that day with Nadia. Lovely pic of you both. You need to plan something special for you on that first day. I remember that emptiness. I only have two but it as you know with twins, they go together.
ReplyDeleteJx
Oh WOW!!!! I LOVE these Jasmine. Absolutely beautiful. :-)
ReplyDeleteThese are gorgeous! I love how you can do different styles SO well! :D
ReplyDeletespectacular Jas ..... always love coming here .. you create such awesome-ness ..... your little darling looks soooooooooooooo beautiful xoxoo
ReplyDeleteAaaah that little cutie will surely be missed around the house in the mornings, but let me tell you you will eventually treasure the peaceful time that comes with it too. My little one is almost 12 now and can reach the top cupboards now unaided. Makes me WANT TO CRY!!!!! I love the page of you and Nadia too - just divine!!
ReplyDeleteWow Wow and WOOOW! :) xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Pages Jas! xx
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome Jasmine!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFabulous work....absolutely awesome!
ReplyDeleteThese are both totally fab!!! You have captured Lou's style beautifully! Enjoy these final months with your girl, they do go quickly, I remember those last days with my boy...the last is the hardest. LOL & don't be fooled into thinking you'll have more time for yourself ;)
ReplyDeletewow! I love them both Jas. Thanks for joining us at STG
ReplyDeleteGreat Jazz they grow up so quickly xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layouts I think you have really captured this style! At least you will have these beautiful pages to help you remember the short time our children are young Tx
ReplyDeleteStunning layouts Jas! Love the one of you and Nadia. The colours are gorgeous. The dress pattern on the second layout looks fab. Great inspiration. :)
ReplyDelete