About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Once Upon A Sketch May Challenge



 Theme: Mum
We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "Mum" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch.


Ideas for journalling: you as a mother, your role as a working/stay-at-home mum, sacrifices/benefits of being a mum, one day in your life as a mum, how your life has changed since being a mum, a tribute to your own mum, grandmother, guardian or someone you consider as close as your mum, your relationship with your mum or your daughter, one trait you have take from your mum, your desire to be a mum, your feelings on motherhood, what does it mean to be a mum?, what kind of mum do you want to be? , Mother's Day celebrations/traditions, your favourite Mother's Day gift given/receive etc..
And this was what I came up with:
 
I love this photo of the kiddies and we just had it put onto a canvas for my Mum for Mother's Day.  It was a bit hard to hand it over to her as it would look rather nice on my wall too....lol.
 
So head over to OUAS and see what the other gorgeous girls have created.  You won't be disappointed. They certainly inspire me.
 
And a quick (well kinda long) update on my photo a day.
 
 We are about to get a new kitchen....yay.  I love cooking so I really look forward to all things New in there.

 And I had to take a photo of my helper.  Don't you love the scruffy hair and cheesy smile?
I love visiting the kids rooms at night before I go to bed and giving them the last kiss of the day.  It makes me happy to know they are safe and well, tucked up for the night.  And especially when you see them cuddling a snuggly friend.  Even boys can snuggle something pink....
I hope I still receive gorgeous Mother's Day cards when they are 18.
Not the most exciting subject but I found this little patch when I took the dog for a walk at the school. 
I think this shows the "love" we share.

This is a small selection of the "pile" of books I have waiting for me.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Take care.

Jasx

11 comments:

  1. Some fabulous reads there Jas, love the pics too!...love the page and the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love red and purple together. Great layout Jas. I love seeing your photos a day series too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos Jas, our children mean so much to us and its lovely to have such beautiful pics. By the time they're 18 I hope they still give you such beautiful cards as I'm lucky to get a text from one of mine (the male variety). I know he loves me but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this LO over at OUAS - it's fabulous - love the pops of colour and washi tape - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this layout & the concept behind this...may have to give this one a go! Brilliant photos, I've been enjoying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I stopped by...I didn't enter the challenge 'cos I thought it had to be on MY mum...hard...but I can do me being a mum..easy! So THANKYOU...& enjoy the new kitchen. We got one a couple of years ago & still love it:):))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jas what a beautiful post .... love to see all your photos and things of the day ... such loving and heartfelt pics .... AND that page is adorable .. your family is delightful xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant, stunning layout - few embellishments but full of meaning, style and love (this heart is just lovely, is it drawn or something?).
    I absolutely agree with your journalling - every Mom feels the same for their children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Jas! The pic off to the side of the heart looks so sweet! And the pictures are fab! I really like the one of you in the kitchen and the family one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout - love your journalling!!! And the photos are great too... that grass photo is suprisingly fantastic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo update Jas! Your kitchen looks so nice & spacious already - sure it will be even more fabulous soon - yay!! Love that photo - your DD's expression is so cute - and I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete