Me again.
Well today is the last day I will be writing to you as a 38 year old as tomorrow is my Special Day.
I have always loved that my Birthday is on ANZAC Day. To remember our soldiers and to celebrate a Birthday. My nephew also shares my Birthday so I also get to celebrate with him.
So my morning should start around 6am (although they were told no earlier than 6.45) when the children come to wish me a Happy Birthday.
Followed by snuggles and cuddles in bed watching ABC kids.
Followed by breakfast of some sort (I don't really get into the breakfast in bed thing.....)
Followed by coffee and cake with Mum and MIL for morning tea.
Then hubby is taking me to Crown Palladium in Melbourne to a luncheon (might have to have a few wines....you know, to get my money's worth) and then we are off to the football to watch Essendon (Nick's team) V Collingwood (my team). Hopefully we are still talking by the end of the day.
Then home to see the kids again and have some dinner.
I played along again at TCR this week.
The palette was awesome and I wanted to create something a little dramatic. It called for red, dripping mist.
(Now you need to excuse the quality of the photo. I have taken a squillion (no exageration) photos and as hard as I tried, the quality was poor so this was the best I could do).
And a close up of my heart which began as a chippy heart covered with texture paste which I had used as a stamp on a previous page. I then coloured it with a goldy eyeshadow, then inked over the bumps with Umber ink then went over it all with Tim Holtz distress stain.
Ok, thanks for calling in. I am off to make a cuppa and try and come past your place.
And only 3 more sleeps until we go on retreat. I am so looking forward to seeing some scrap buddies and meeting some new buddies. Lots of laughs, eating, drinking (have to re-celebrate my Birthday of course) and maybe a page or 2 created.
Jasx


Now I am a compleete drama queen when it comes to layout the louder the better!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love dramatic use of colour and this colour combo is my absolute favourite (duh!!!!)
Your layout is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! enough said!
hugz
irini
oh Happy a fabulously spoilt day tomorrow!!!!!
What a lovely day to celebrate your birthday, have a great day. Love Sandra
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day to celebrate your birthday....Happy Birthday Jas, I hope you have a super fun day & I'm sure you & hubby will be fine after the footy....lol.
ReplyDeleteYour layout is super gorgeous!!! Just love the dripping red mist against the corrugated cardboard like that & your textured heart is divine!
Gorgeous layout Jas, I always adore your work. I love the background, love those drips & adore the makeover on that little heart. I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow & enjoy it all. Cheers Di xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jasmine!!!!! Sounds like you've an awesome day in store!!! Love your take on the palette! I think that particular colour combo might be a bit too strong for the camera too! I had trouble with getting a good quality shot as well! Cheers! :D
ReplyDeleteWow Jas this is fabulous! Love the drip effect...such a beautiful lo!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Early! Love your page all pretty with drips and a heart! Enjoy it to it's fullest!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to You
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Jasmine.......♥
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOooooooooooooooU!
HIP HIP Horray ! It past 6.45 So I was allowed... LOL!
Miss J! I HOPE you have 1 of the BEST birthdays Ever! Enjoy...
BTW! LOVE LOVE your Layout! Truly Gorgeous...♥
Jas...love your creation...the drips look so different on coragate than cardstock. And a BIG Happy Birthday...hop you have a wonderful day....and i can't believe we are the same age!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a vvvvvvvv happy day.....sounds like a great time you've planned:) And I LOVE this----so dramatically stunning. Oh, & it goes without saying....hope YOUR team wins:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Lovely work on the LO, I really like the butterflies.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday lovely! Your day sounds delightful. Go the Pies!! Love the drama in your LO, beautiful, beautiful work :)
ReplyDeleteWell, happy birthday for today!!! Hope you have a fabulous day :-). Gorgeous page, is sure is dramatic and stunning!!
ReplyDeletexx
Happy birthday Jas. Have a wonderful day. Love your layout too xo
ReplyDeletehApPy BiRtHdAy JaS :))) Sounds like a lovley day planned. I love that page too and hte buterflys going down the page :)
ReplyDeletex
Gorgeous layout (as usual), love that heart & your design!
ReplyDeleteI hope you've enjoyed a fabulous birthday today & have a wonderful time at retreat for further celebrations...can't wait to see your creations from the weekend! :)
This is just totally gorgeous. Love that heart. Happy Birthday to you......hope you are having the most wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteHey Jas, I hope you had a fantastic day today and one to remember!! Love this LO you've created and that heart is amazing - I want to touch it - hehe. Enjoy the rest of this week. ☺ Oh and have fun at the retreat - can't wait to hear all about it. I'm off to one in a months time and I can't wait ☺☺
ReplyDeleteStunning! Love the background, the embellishments, you do understated elegance with a hint of grunge soooo well. Oh and HAPPY B'DAY TO YOU ( sorry I'm a little late lol) xox
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Love the textured heart!! I also have a whole mixed eye shadow palette that I use for glittery stuff too LOL. Enjoy your retreat - what a wonderful idea...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jas!! I swear the best people were born this week ;) :)
ReplyDeleteOh, this is stunning Jas!! Gorgeous pic and layout. xx
ReplyDeleteHey Jas! What a ripper of a game! My teams about to play (Freo) - we're against the Blues... Anthem's on now, must rush! :D
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jas!!! I hope you had a wonderful time!! A lot of blessings!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove all the textures here, Beautiful!
Take care!! :)
I just adore this layout Jasmine. So beautiful with wonderful texture. That background is awesome. I hope you enjoyed your day!! :-)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning. I love black, red and white together and I love the way the ink runs down and you have the butterflies along the page. Another beautiful page Jas and Happy Birthday for last week.
ReplyDelete