About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, April 30, 2012

Back from Retreat and a bit of a looooong post.

Well I was lucky enough to spend a weekend away with 24 other scrappy gals.
It was great to meet some new girls and also to share the weekend with my "scrap buddies".
Thanks Marelle, Melissa, Charm, Leonie, Raquel, Eb, Crystal and Laura.  So great to see you all again.
And a big big Thank you to Malinda for organising such an awesome weekend. She was my scrap buddy, my running buddy and she always provides me with some laughs and some great chats.  Thanks Mal.

There were lots of laughs, a lot of scrapping (I only managed 10 pages. Some girls were up to 20 or so pages but for me, it was10 more than I would have done at home), some fun challenges along the way, lots of yummy food, great accommodation and just a fabulous weekend.

I finally met Charmane Koch who was my room mate for the weekend (and a very easy roomie too).  I bought the kids a "Charm Creature" each.  They are just the cutest and the kids loved them as you can see. 

They also named them: W's Green Creature "fang", B's blue creature "Boo", L's red creature "Red Eye" and E's pale blue creature "Dinosaur Scary".

Now

For the past month or so life has been really really busy.  I think we have just had so much on, work, school hols, Easter, broken bones, Birthday, retreat and all of the bits inbetween. I  have been feeling a little overwhelmed and not organised at all. I have felt that I have not given my best "input" into the things that matter most.  It has all blurred into one big month and I was waiting for the beginning of May to slow down, take a step back and get in touch with friends by phone, not just a message, sit down with the kids more often and actually play a game, not just get our homework done, dinner cooked, baths etc etc.  To sit down and look them in the eyes and listen to them.....I just feel like we have not had time to do this lately.
At retreat I missed them more than I ever have when I have been away....I think I carried a lot of guilt that I wasn't with them, that I had not had "time" with them lately....

So then just as I was typing this post, I hear a thud at the door (yes our courier is not really enthused with his job I don't think).  A parcel???  I wasn't expecting anything today. A bit exciting!

It was a stunning page from one of the most beautiful girls I have met along my scrappy journey...Nadia Cannizzo.
 
With it was a note about how she thinks I am an amazing mother and when she has a bad day she thinks of me.....me....the lady who just wrote about not feeling like she is doing all that she should be.....who thinks that she has not put others first lately when she should have.
This note coming from a lady who expresses her utmost love for her girls and family who I look to because I feel like a lot of the time I look at the negatives and forget the positives....she inspires me to remember the good times instead.

Nadia you have blown me away.  From the beauty of your page (and trust me, IRL it is even more amazing) to your beautiful words.  I cannot express how this has made me feel. 
I have just been to your blog and you were hoping this would arrive for my Birthday....unfortunately it didn't but it has changed my day today for sure.

I am going to now call you to say Thank You.  Not just a message.  A real thank you to show you how much it means.  And I am going to try my best not to cry.
Thank You.

Jasx

12 comments:

  1. Awe, what a beautiful post Jasmine! I totally get what you are saying about spending time with your kids. It is hard sometimes to let everything else go. I struggle with this daily.

    What a beautiful page your received from Nadia! Seeing a piece of her work in person would be a real treat!!

    I am super happy to read you had a fun scrappy weekend.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo sweet & kind...sounds like the boost & affirmation you needed right then:):):) Glad your scrappy w/end was sooo successful too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post Jasmine, I loved reading it and it took me back to when I was a young mum and felt just like you do. I'm now a nanna and it's so surprising how much more time I have to listen and play (and clean-up after play). I can almost see the childrens' brain ticking over and learning from their experiences, it's great being a nanna.
    Also, it's surprising that it's the boys who are interested in my scrapping and love getting into my scrap room to choose 'stuff' to create projects.
    Jasmine your four little ones look beautiful and fairly close in age so you will have your time cut out for you, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jas, I think as mums we all feel like that at times. We are busy women and it's hard at times juggling everything. I'm sure your kids love you to bits no matter what, and how awesome is the timing of that layout from Nadia. I would have been crying my eyes out as soon as I saw it. How very special!! Hugs, Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I agree with Nadia..I also have two girls and I always complain that I don't have time for anything and there you are with 4 children doing an amazing job! You are a hero! And don't feel guilty! Scrapbooking is something that completes you and makes you feel content and happy! If you didn't do it, then the people surrounding you would feel that gap! We just have to find a balance between everything so everyone is happy! Did anything I wrote make sense??? LOLOL! I wish I could meet you all one day! I am happy to know you even through internet! Keep inspiring us!!!
    Huggsssssssss!!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. a simply stunning page................

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your post this morning. I think we all just try to get through the day- just survive it- try to keep your head with the kids- get through meal times, nap times, struggle times, fighting times- and finally bedtime. And yes, it's at the end of those days when you look back and feel bad about how you allowed the day to go.
    But you're a mom, and all moms can say they've done that too. I know I have, more often than I would prefer.
    But you're a good mom! If you weren't, you wouldn't worry about those days or feel guilt or miss them during your time away. So don't worry yourself :). Obviously Nadia sees the great mom in you too- what a gift, I'm sure you will treasure it.
    Have a great day and can't wait to see what you accomplished at the crop!
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Jas what a deep and loving and meaningful post (what I believe scrapbooking is all about ) you are a beautiful soul and I can tell how special you are, your aura shines brilliantly around you ... always remember how special you are .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that pic of your 4 children ... it is soooooooooooo gorgeous ... love you to bits xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww.. how beautiful!
    What an amazing lady she is....and so are you babe!
    An inspiration in many, many ways!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this layout in the HBS gallery and on Nadia's blog and I agree with you, it is simply stunning! I think you are both amazing wonderful people (and mothers).
    Hope you having a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful suprise! This is a gorgeous page - so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I find life difficult to juggle with my full-time job, DH and 3 cats! who am I to complain?! don't seriously understand how you super women do it and still manage to squeeze in time to scrap. 10 pages during what, 2 days?! that's amazing I say! What a fantastic surprise! the page really is stunning! you two girls are so cute in the photo! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete