About me, my family and anything scrap related

Friday, February 10, 2012

WW1, Get Picky and a Woot woot for my Mum

Gooooooood Morning lovelies.

I have to begin my post by giving my Mum a big toot.  She had her first acceptance by Scrapbooking Memories for a gorgeous page she did.  If it goes to publication I will be sure to let you know when to look out for her.

Get Picky's challenge is to use this photo as inspiration for your layout, share the story and include 4 photos.
I had the perfect pics sitting in my "to scrap stash".

Now the circle framing DS....how did I create it??  Well I wanted to use the ribbon somewhere on my page and beside me was the left over of a double sided tape roll which I use as a circle template.  So I used it to wrap the ribbon around and wala, a frame.


And now my WW1 page for Feb.  The challenge this month is to use White + Lemon + 3 photos. 
Again, these photos had been sitting in my "to scrap stash" for a long time.  And I did not have any lemon paper so I created a background using mist and doilies as a mask.....
This is a bit "pretty" for me so not a fave but I think it goes nicely with the photos anyway.
I wrote the journaling in yellow so it is a bit hard to read but it says "as hard as you try not to, I can always make you smile".

Well my friends, it is time to go and pick my gal up from Kinder.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
DH is supposed to be taking the boys camping......I am not sure if I should call Child Welfare or not.  He has a tent, mattresses and sleeping bags.  But he says he is organised.  Not sure what they are going to eat, drink or wear.....he told me it was a boys trip and they don't need much so as much as I want to get involved (I am holding onto the door frame to stop myself ) to make sure they are looked after.....I will step back and let it be a 'boy's trip' and I will be there to cuddle them when they get home and re assure them they are safe....lol.
But I am sure I will be back Monday to tell you they didn't end up going.
But, if they do go, the Princess and I will have a nice quiet weekend at home......ahhhhhh, the serenity.

 Jasx

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful work Jasmine. I love the frame on the first one- always dig cool original ideas like that :).
    On the second, I just love all the yellow- the doilies and the masking- divine.
    Well done :).
    Oh, and your boys will be alright. I'm a little jealous, however- WE never got to take mattresses along on camping trips!! LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous!! I love the way you have framed with gingham... and the layering is fabulous!

    The second LO is just so sunny and precious! It so suits to pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just stare at these both for hours! The yellow just sings! Tell your Mom congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love both of these LO's, but I adore your "smile" LO. Good luck to your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to your Mum!!! Can't wait to see her in print :)
    Just love the fabric frame you've created, Jas....it is so different & really pops from the page! Love your WW1 LO too...so soft & pretty!
    Hope the boys survive & enjoy their weekend! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot to your Mum - how exciting!!!! I really love your beachy layout - it's fabbo! Especially the ribbon frame - talk about lightbulb moments - that is AWESOME!!! Gorgeous work, Jas!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a BIG source of inspiration for me. Everytime I see your pages, I just stand in awe. Thanks!!!

    ps. the butterfly you used in the second layout is gorgeous, is it a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jasmine.....
    First of all hip hip hooray to your mum!!!!
    Gee im so loving these two layouts here that you have done i have to say that my fav is the lemon one you have worked that colour just beatuifully!!!
    With the GP LO wow love it all and gee i love how you made that circle now that sure is thinking out side the square!!! thanks for your inspiration... just starting to scrap again after 4 months and gee i need a lil help!!!
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous work Jasmine. You are such an inspiring scrapper. Love both these layouts. Congrats to your mum. I hope her lo gets published and I hope your boys survive the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jas, these are just fab! A big congrats to your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a coooool technique with the rolled ribbon..fab fab fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creations Jas.. ADORE all the textures and your sweet gingham frame on your 1st LO and LOVE all the yummy doily details and masking on your 2nd LO.. so beautiful!!! I'm sure your boys will have a great time. Have a lovely weekend with your princess!! Congrats to your mum too :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layouts!! I love how you made that frame, neat idea! Your use of yellow is wonderful, my favorite color..definitely caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is awesome Jasmine! I love how you've created that frame with the ribbon. Very clever! Congrats to your mum on her first exceptance. I still remember the feeling... :)
    Lol! Hope your boys got themselves organised in the end and that you are enjoying a quiet weekend at home with loads of scrapping time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous pages .. and congrats to your mum .. woohoo how exciting two creators in one family xooxox
    now Jas you are to funny .... your boys will be just fine and have a great time and even if they dont they will say they did !! LOL !!! the male species are different from us girls .. bless them !!!! love ya xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are super gorgeous as always Jaz. Love them. Also a big congrats to your Mum too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha...I had to laugh at you describe the 'boys trip'!!! How did it go?? I bet they had the time of their life!! and YAY for your mum!! That is so awesome!! and Jas...you blow me away with all your gorgeous creations!! The GP layout is stunning...such amazing colours and texture...and your WW1 layout is just beautiful with all those misted doilies!! Take care :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are both really beautiful!
    thanks for playing with us at Get Picky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, just catching up on my visiting. Having no internet is no fun!
    Glad I saw these beauties though.
    Perfect photo's to scrap for the Get Picky inspiration and love the nifty idea with the ribbon covered 'frame'.
    The WW1 layout is beautiful, great background you've created and all the embellies are just perfect.
    cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layouts- thanks for playing with us at Get Picky.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely!! I adore your creations everytime I come to visit..x THanks for playing along with us at GP..x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WTG mummy! congrats to her! clever, very clever using the tape roll. Oooh love all the yellow of your second page! both layouts are wonderful, beautifully created and a joy to behold! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete