About me, my family and anything scrap related

Friday, August 19, 2011

More for Handmade by Suzanne

Hi girls, are you ready for another weekend? 
How quickly do the weeks go? 
We have a few little bits and pieces on for the weekend but a relaxing one too I hope.

I am just popping in with another of my pages for my GD gig at Handmade by Suzanne using the Kaiser Hunt and Gather range.
Again I used the back side of the paper but I just looooove this green. I used a bit of paint in the background also and some more masking with texture paste (thanks Julie for the inspiration) and then inked it with yellow.  I loooooove the effect.  Don't you just want to touch it??

The photos are of DD and I walking through the Kinglake National Park a couple of weekends ago which was all burnt out in the Black Saturday fires in Feb 2009.  It was amazing because the trunks were still quite black but the foliage was just beautiful and green.
And the final product:
 
And before I leave, just a note to let you know that Color Combos Galore #205 is live.  The colors are just beautiful together. 
Head over to see what the DT have created with this combo.
I hope you have a fab weekend.
Jasx

25 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh.

    Jas - this is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely GORGEOUS Jas, so many great details - love the textures - I have that stencil so you've inspired me to put it to good use!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M G !!!

    Jas you have again blown me away! That is intensely awesome to the MAX!!!

    Love it!!!


    Into my Jas faves! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING JAS just STUNNING!!!!!!!!
    love the layers & textures here & What a Awesome pic of you & your DD....
    The colors are gorgeous 2!!!!!
    Also Ohhhh Myyyy Goodness Love what your have done with the Cherry Blossom - template.... Enjoy your Weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG !!!!!! this is so outstanding Jas ... how do you do that texture paste .. is it with a stencil ??? I think I have that one with the birdies ... love those pics too, they are fantastic ... big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique Jas!!! awesome pics also and a beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowzeroonis.. that is devine.. i love texture paste and crafters workshop.. in LOVE i tell ya..
    and this is stunning.. amazing photos.and awesome colours ..esp love the extra detail of the inkon the rolled edges of the photos.. superb...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful♥. Love your work.

    Hugs Marita♫♫

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man i am so jealous that you get to shop in all of the melborne vinnies, i bet they must be awesome ? i could imagine you would find lots of vintage finds
    Loving this page lots of texture and vibrant colour , love the texture paste yummo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Jasmine! I especially love your use of paint and your masking with texture paste is awesome.
    The days and weeks are flying by all too quickly!

    Have a superb weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hoolie doolie Jas.. that page is ACE! just stunning.
    Ya the weekend is here :))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Jas! really striking page... the yellow is just the best contrast with the green, just the perfect colours for the pics!! LOVE it hon... :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page, Jas. The yellow with the green--so striking and perfect with your photos. Love the texture paste thing you did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really sweet page Jas & I am loving the yellow & the texture paste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! this is brilliant.....totally luv it all. What you have done with the texture paste looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness me Jasmine. This is just too beautiful for words!!! It's like those papers were made for your amazing photos. Your texture paste work is just fabulous!! Love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning Jas. I just love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Jas such a stunning page.. adore the colours and used of texture past and what gorgeous photos.. divine work!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. just Gorgeous Jas. How perfectly you've matched the papers and colours with your photo. fab work with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh. My. Wowsers! Jas, you are so talented I love, love, love this LO. Incredible work chick :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lov it Jasmine! Just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooooh, I love, love, love what you have done here...the whole layout is stunning! Love what you've done with the texture paint & template...will be trying this myself, hopefully I can do it as well! Gorgeous mix of papers & embellishments...also what you've done with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG!
    stunning page !
    i love the details of your pages !
    xoxo ,
    Tania .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jas, totally LOVE that masking technique! I shall be pinching that from you!! Thanks! :) Awesome layout too by the way!

    ReplyDelete