About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, July 16, 2011

What do you buy your Hubby for his 40th Birthday?

My darling husband turned 40 in January and I wanted to buy him something he would remember and something he has always wanted.

So I bought him a Helicopter Flight.

It only took 7 months to finally get around to flying but he did so this morning.

When he booked it earlier in the week, they told him he could bring somebody else as there was a spare seat.
So yep, he picked me......how sweet.
Well being a little bit of a scaredy cat and having never wanted to get into a helicopter, I chickened out Thursday night so he asked his best mate to ride along with him.

I so wish I had the courage but I just couldn't bring myself to doing it.  And who would take the photos of him taking off?

I think I was more excited for him than he was......
Here are a couple of pics (I wont admit to how many we took between us....lol)

We were lucky enough to stand in the hangar while they took off.

A big cheesy grin from hubby.

Taking off.  I tried to get a few more pics as they took off but they were gone in a flash.

Our house is in this pic.  How cool is that?

The MCG.
Being football fanatics this is a pretty cool site for us (and I must add that Collingwood V Carlton here a few hours after they flew over and of course, Collingwood won.....)

The Eureka Tower.  A friend of ours used to live in this building so the kids named it "Paul's Building".
I love the sun shining over it.

And a photo of the bay.

So if you are thinking of a pretty cool present for someone, this would be a great idea.
(It was $110.00 for 20 mins and the bonus was that he could take a friend for free as they didn't have anyone else booked.  Not sure how often that would happen though.)

Ok, off to watch a DVD.  Have a great night.

Jasx

12 comments:

  1. Awesome gift. I did something similar for my hubby's 30th. A seaplane flight and picnic lunch at Stradbroke Island. On the day of his birthday we got told the plane was broken and we'd have to re-book with a bonus extended flight but we haven't re-booked and I'm getting nervous now LOL That was May. Will have to do it soon. Looks like your hubby had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous gift .. and they are amazing pics too .. I have been up in a helicopter twice, once over in new Zealand over the snow capped mountains and I stood on top of Mt Cook Wooeee !!! and once up at the Barossa Valley .. it was so exciting, I loved it .. I bet your hubby was thrilled ...
    he looks so happy ... big hugz gorgeous friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos and a great pressie for your DH. I would have been on the ground watching too.....not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool present!!!! Awesome photos too. Maybe I'll buy a ride for my husband...just so I can go to!! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a Wonderful Wife to give Such a COOL prissie!!!! Those Pic's look Awesome.....
    I'm with you, I'm a bit of a chicken & have never flown in anything.... But As I get older i'm starting to think maybe, 1 day Maybe????? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the absolute perfect gift for him, just look at his smile as he is ready to take off with not a hint of fear in sight, I would so be the picture taker here, no way with this scaredy cat, but perfect present my friend. And besides someone had to take the photos of them taking off.....I love the ones from the helicopter too. MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great present....

    i think i would be the chicken too...and yes...someone has to take the pics!! And what great pics they are Jas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic present! Love those photos Jas. The last time I was in a helicopter I threw up in the pilot's glove - not a good look lol. I don't think I'll ever go in another one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Jas what a wonderful pressie, can just tell how he loved the ride with that big smile and he certainly got some fabbo pics...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowowowow awesome photos...so glad he had a fab time...Oh BTW, my scraproom is ready and waiting when ever you can make it for a trip up here!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous jas!!! how amazing! sort of thing my hubby would LOVE too... only he wants to get his own license, so i'd never hear the end of it! :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jas that is so amazing! What fantastic photos he took too!! I would have been there too...you should have gone!!

    ReplyDelete