About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, July 18, 2011

Color Combos Galore 200th "Anniversary" Blog Hop

Welcome to the Color Combos Galore 200th "Anniversary" Blog Hop! We hope by visiting the CCG Design Team members' blogs, you will be able to pick up some fun tips and techniques. Many of the team members will be offering prizes, so you will want to visit all of the blogs to increase your chances of winning some fun scrappy stuff. We are also offering a chance at a Guest Designer spot for the month of August if you visit all of the blogs in our Blog Hop and participate in Challenge 200 by uploading your project to the CCG Gallery. It's so fun to get the colors before everyone else! Plus, who doesn't love to see their name in lights! The deadline for the chance to win these prizes is one week from today, Sunday, July 24, EST.

The combo is just yummy so I hope you can join in this week and create your own LO.


And this is my creation.  I have used one of my fave photos from our Farm Day back in May.  I don't often work with blue but using it with orange, loved it.

(Discover)

I wanted to create a natural sort of theme to match the photo so I did a lot of tearing and distressing and layering.  I added A LOT of paint splatters, some misting and also some stamping.  


And do you remember in my post about my Mum, well this is the perfect blue Prima flower that I "borrowed" from her.  Isn't it just divine?




If this is your first stop at our Blog Hop, you'll want to start at Bente's blog, and follow the hop in order so you don't miss anyone. If you've been hopping in order, your next stop is:

Once you have visited all the blogs and uploaded your project to the CCG Gallery using Challenge 200, please make sure you check in at the Blog Hop discussion in the Special Announcements Forum at CCG. We will choose our August Guest Designer from that thread. Individual DT members will be choosing winners for the prizes they are offering. Good luck, and we hope you'll enjoy our blog hop!

I will definitely be offering a prize so make sure you join in.

Jasx

50 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO Jasmine! I love all your embellishing and the distressing looks fab! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used all layers of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout & super cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's soo pretty. I love distressing everything too..so this is a layout I could do. Pretty papers and all...great layout.

    TFS
    hugs
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmine, your layout is beautiful and your photography is stunning.. I so enjoy looking at your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the distressing and your paint spatter technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful layout...I love the twiggy flower embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I like your layout a lot! I like this style!
    Best regards!

    http://bellaideascrapology.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! Love your splatters and mists and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tearing and distressing and layering...and that sweet photo! Thanks for sharing! Love this color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout and that colour scheme is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layers and distressing is outstanding.. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow amazing photography, luv luv the depth of field...
    I am inviting you to join our linking parties going on every week starting on wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/flower-tutorial-with-linking-party-on.html
    Have a fabulous week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That photo is awesome, and your layout compliments it perfectly. I love the distressed torn paper layers and your stamping, misting and use of paint. You have done a fabulous job of this colour combo..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Utterly Gorgeous Layout JAS......
    You have rocked the Color Combo, No wonder your a DT on CCG!!!!!
    Love the Teared layers, That PIC & of cause.....
    The Butterflies..... hehehehehe
    Is that a new Punch???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic layout... love the layers and the distressing. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the blue flower....i was wondering a couple of days back, when i saw the reveal..are the children in the L.O balancing on logs???THEY ARE huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blue flower...and I was wondering the other day when I saw your L.o are the children balancing on Logs,,,if so they are HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jas....I just love your page..such a great job.....The photo is great.....and all the details makes this page so perfect !!!
    I fell so honored to be with you in this same team,you are so talented and great artisit.
    I wish a wonnderful week.
    Kisses and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool LO! I remember jumping from one haybale like that to the next when I was a kid at my grandpas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. FABULOUS !!!! a striking page Jas .. love it .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful distressing and splattering. I love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful layout Jasmine...the picture is divine and I love your distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful layout......love all the distressing, paint etc.....just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OOOOO all that rolled paper just looks sooo rustic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jas your LO is gorgeous. That photo goes perfectly with the colours this week and I love all the distressing and paint splatters. Looks awesome. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your layout Jasmine and the way the elements you chose help to enhance your photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your LO is very pretty!!! Kisses from Italy, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful LO! Love how you used layers, it made the page very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet layout, so glad you also joined in on the blog it has been great checking out the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful layout! I love the splatters and misting.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the white splatters on the blue misted background, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh how beautiful all that tearing is! Brings smile to my eyes by looking at your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a beautiful layout!! And your photo is sooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I absolutely enjoyed this layout! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful layout and such a nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi, gorgeous creation for the CCG 200, love your layouts so inspiring x.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This layout is my favourite of yours EVER Jaz - it is just absolutely amazingly beautiful & one day I hope to scraplift it - giving all credit to you of course my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very nice! Love the look of the torn paper and those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just beautiful!! I have to agree with Helen...this is a new fav of mine!! Love all the distressing :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the tearing, the mist and that great photo! beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  42. absolutely stunning ... I really love your scrappy style!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful Lo and...fantastic photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. love the layout--so pretty!

    michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your layout! I agree with the color pallet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful LO! Love the splatters & flowers =)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the layers and distressing!!!!Love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your tearing & layering are very wonderful.

    ReplyDelete