Just an update for all of those gals who participated in the 200th Anniversary Color Combos Galore Blog Hop and stopped by my blog.
My winner was Yolande from South Africa. I have been in touch with Yolande and have sent her little package which she should receive next week.
Thanks to all of those that played along and if you would like to see a full list of winners, go here.
And to this weeks combo.
Ok, so you know how we "stalk" each other via our craft? Well I sort of stalked this couple in my photo. But first, let me tell you the story so you know I am not a crazy lady....lol.
Last year DH and I went to spend a night at Crown Casino in Melbourne. We arrived on the Friday afternoon and we were sitting at Southbank enjoying a nice drink, taking in the city, the atmosphere and watching people coming and going around us.
I was taking a photo of the Yarra River when I spotted this couple, lost in each other and obviously in love (I have zoomed in on them as the rest of the photo was quiet busy).
Here I was 20 years on, having a night out with hubby without children, and I wondered what their story was. Had they just met, were they leaving each other or had they not seen each other for some time (sort of like when you are at the airport and wonder what people are there for......or is that just me?).
Anyway, I have titled this "Who Are You".
Everyone has a story and I just wondered what theirs was.
I used a second photo, cut it down and put some foam dots on it to give it some dimension to help define the couple in the photo. You can't see it that well from these pics sorry.
I have used Big Apple Glitter Glam to color my flower and butterflies (which had a woodgrain pattern on them, just perfect for this challenge).
Well July is nearly finished....where did it go?
I hope you found some inspiration this month and I know I have certainly found some from you.
Jasx

WOW Jasmine!!!
ReplyDeleteI did find some inspiration thankyou
I have not yet done this challenge but this week i will be giving it a go!! thanks to your inspiration!!!
I Just love all there is to your Layout WOW
You have a great weekend now
TONI
XOXOXOXOXOXO
FAN FAB U LAS Jas!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a Superb Layout, lovin the Background, That lamp post & U know i'm a sucker for butterflies...
hehehe
You are always an Inspiration to ME!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
WOW just love your photo and the story behind it Jas!! As usual another gorgeous LO.. ADORE the pops of red and your masking!! Have a fab weekend :)))
ReplyDeleteJas.. what a GREAT idea.. I am always to scared taking photos of said 'randoms'.. but that photo sure tells a story of your time away.
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE it heaps :))
enjoy your weekend x
Gorgeous page Jas!!! love the idea of the photo and yes i too am too scared to take randoms as Fils has said ...
ReplyDeletepage is breathtaking! great job, love it!
ReplyDeleteLOL stalker ;) Love this layout...the photo, the idea behind it & you've got such a gorgeous balance of colours. I adore your misting & those butterflies...totally inspirational work (as usual) :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Beautiful layout! Very interesting story about the photo!!
ReplyDeletelove the story about the photo - I do exactly the same...
ReplyDeleteLove the white space in this LO - the red butterflies are so striking - love it Jas
Gorgeous! What a lovely thing to scrap :) Maybe one day you'll find out who they are :)
ReplyDeleteI also wonder about people's stories - especially in the airport and on buses!! We're such a nosy race ;) I like to call it "inquisitive" ;)
WOW Love the story Jas behind these photos! The big red butterflies look amazing and loving your white space and masking! Have a great weekend :))xx
ReplyDeleteA big WOW from me too Jas, just LOVE, LOVE it. Totally amazing - what a great theme and gorgeous picture. xx
ReplyDeleteI love everything about this.
ReplyDeleteThe layout is brilliant...but what I really love is the story behind it.
I'm a people watcher too, and LOVE airports. Hehe
Although the layout was about your curiosity of strangers, you've told us so much about yourself. ;-)
How you and your husband are comfortable with each others company watching the world go by.
How you view the world and the people in it.
Your consideration and curiousity of other people.
Loved reading this post. Thanks for sharing.
Inspired .
STUNNING layout Jasmine. Love the misting and the beautiful butterflies and the B&Ws look so fabulous against the colour palette. :-)
ReplyDeleteFabulous page ! I love the initial simplicity of it , even though, technically there is a lot going on. I also love the photo and what you have done with it. Again, a simple photo but as you say a whole lot could be going on and it leaves you thinking.....I love that.
ReplyDeleteLove pages/photos that have a story to them! so enjoyed reading your thoughts on the almost Parisian photo and your gorgeous layout Jas! The pops of read are just magnificent. xxxx
ReplyDeleteWonderful "random" page Jas - sometimes scrapbooking is thinking out loud & these type of pages can be the most therapeutic too!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pae, Jas, and I loved reading the story behind the photo!
ReplyDelete*page
ReplyDeletehi there-popping by from accidentally (happily though) frinding the Kraft it blog...love all your color choices, misting, layering...translation =ALL...would leave comments on all your layouts and psotings but you might that creepy so I'll just leave 2-3 as I lurk!
ReplyDeleteReally i love the photo and what you have done with it. Again, a simple photo but as you say a whole lot could be going on and it leaves you thinking.....I love that.great story.
ReplyDeleteIts really a good post to make a look into it.Its really very much impressive too.
ReplyDelete