It is called Beyond The Door Scrap Challenge and is run by Catie (who was lucky enough to have twins recently) and there is an amazing DT, all of whom I am sure you will know.
It is a challenge blog about drawing inspiration from different rooms around the house...
And the first room is this:
Now there is also a little list of criteria which I did not see until I had completed my LO and also submitted it to Catie. Oh well. Next time I will know to have a good read and not just look at the gorgeous picture.
I have used a lot of the paper from the May Nook Kit.
It is about my oldest DS who asks the most amazing questions, most of which I just don't know the answers to so we always resort to our good friend, GOOGLE.
Gotta love Google.
I have explained to him that back in my day.....lol.....we used to have to look at an Encyclopedia.....how much room did a whole set take up on the bookshelf?
The lines in the paper reminded me of the cot bars.
I used ?? in my title for the lettering in the pic and then used the colors brown, orange and blue from the pic with a hint of green in my photo from the legs of the turtle.
Well, I must run. Two hour finale of Survivor tonight and then the reunion. I am a Survivor Die Hard and I know of one other.....are you reading this Sue??
I sooooo hope Boston Rob finally wins one!! Gotta love how cocky he is.
And, don't forget you have until tomorrow (25th May) to apply for the KIU CT. If you need the details, go here.
Night.
Jasx

Awesome LO Jas.. the paintwork and layered pp's look fabulous!! Great take on the challenge :)))
ReplyDeleteJasmin I DO LOVE YOU LAYOUT !!! Awesome awesome awesome!!! Did I say this is AWESOME :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Cherubs
Gorgeous layout, Jas! I can totally see how you interpreted the photo inspo. Really stunning!
ReplyDeleteJasmin....you are so talented...and I love to came here and see all you have created!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI fill so good to see how amazing you do with the colors and the details and how perfect is your work....you so talented!!!
This is a great take on the challenge!!!
Have a nice day !!!
Kisses and hugs from Brazil
Cynthia
Thanks for the heads up on the new challenge site - will check it out soon! Love this masculine layout!! That bubblewrap stamp is my fave at the moment & your touches of blue are so striking! Also love the addition of the mesh & painted corrugated board...
ReplyDeletelove this LO Jas - I always love seeing your work and the way you work your boyish LO's - and I love the bubble wrap 'stamp' too - it's all awesome!! Have a good night.
ReplyDeleteLove this Jas, you've used that paper so well, it scared me off so i haven't used mine yet haha! & guess what?? when i did this challenge(haven't posted it yet) i did the same as you, was so eager to get into it i missed the extra criteria aswell, DOH!!! i did another LO to match the criteria second time round!
ReplyDeletecheers Leonie. xx
Well I can finally comment...been wanting to for ages and this layout is just STUNNING!!! I had to have a little giggle over the Encyclopedia....my mum has two whole bookshelves of them and is trying to get rid of them...i don't think anyone would want them anymore! Take care and thanks for visiting my blog :))xx
ReplyDeletegosh all that gorgeous blue really makes this layout standout, what is it with boys and questions????
ReplyDeleteYay this is my first comment in days, I have been out of action, what a stunning kit was last month's at the Nook, and yes I can so remember the shelves containing World Book Encyclopedia and the big red dictionary we had. This is just stunning Jasmine. Melxx
ReplyDeleteYes I am reading, and how freakin' AWESOME was it that Rob won? Best game of Survivor played EVER. No doubt about it. Now we just have to wait for the next one...wonder who's coming back? I think it might be Matt (and lets face it, he certainly deserves a proper turn after spending most of the season in "time out"...LOL) XXX
ReplyDelete