About me, my family and anything scrap related

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Scrap The Girls aka Misting Gone Wrong?

STG this month was to Create your layout using only ONE set of your choice from the following sets of complementary colours: red and green or blue and orange or yellow and violet

Well I decided to go with red and green as I had just used blue and orange on DD Chrissy LO and I don't do purple (thanks to my bestie Mel who has turned me off purple now through her dislike of the colour).

I then decided to mist a heart doily on to white cardstock. Simple really!

The problem was, I used red "paint watered down" and it sort of splattered HEAVILY up the page.
So once completing this LO I decided it needed a bit more down the bottom but of course, I held the bottle too close and being "paint watered down", it sort of went SPLAT.

Then, I was going to try a bit more misting but the sensible side of Jasmine took hold and said STOP.

I actually went to my Mum for her opinion and as all good Mummies do, she said, "It looks lovely Dear".
I contemplated pulling it apart but it sort of grew on me and the effort already gone into it had to be acknowledged.

So here it is, Scrap the Girls aka MISTING GONE WRONG.....don't laugh girls as there are no mistakes in scrapbooking right?

Jasx

P.S. I completed a LO last night and there were scrap bits of paper laying around that I had to put away (later). I had started on another which was a piccy of DH and I. While I was out of the room he decided to write a little note on a SCRAP bit of paper to go with the LO.
Now yes a piece of paper about 6cm x 5cm may look like scrap to him but it was the last of a pp that I loved (see spotty green paper above) and I had a few other little bits of it that might have come in handy. I let him know what I thought, in a nice way of course. Honestly!

18 comments:

  1. hey Jas ... absolutey stunning !!! .... I love the red misting ( doesn't look messy to me )and the mixture of red & green flowers really look awesome .. you have done an amazing job here ...hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha absolutely...there are no mistakes in scrapbooking & it's only 'misting gone wrong' in your eyes, cause of that mental picture you had there...looks brilliant to me! :) Love your balance of colours...& those flowers are absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn't be pulling it apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to make "mistakes " more often this is totally totally COOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you want my opinion as well, I think the 'splatter' looks wonderful. I sometimes 'try' to get that, but then it doesn't work and looks to 'misty'.

    Love the clustering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have decided I hate Glimmermist because I always seem to ruin an otherwise ok layout when I decide it "just needs that bit extra".

    But, you know what? Your misting looks great! This page looks really really nice and I dont think its a mistake at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can NEVER have to much misting....right?? I think it looks awesome!!! The problem with misting is it's sooooo hard not to just add a bit more...and then a bit more.....I also apply this method to doodling......there is no overkill in scrapping....I think hehe. Oh and my sympathies to you with your hubby using your fave last bit of pp.....My hubby proudly showed me a pressie he had wrapped...using almost all of my Very expensive,awesome japanese washi masking tape (that I hadn't used cos it was too "special").....I just demanded he let me order some more + extra (for the trauma he caused) Love and Peace xox.....ps sorry for writing a novel.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is just amazing! You should make 'mistakes' more often! Thanks for playing along at STG. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gone wrong??? are you serious?? this is so good Jas, I love everything about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just gorgeous. Love the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee hee hee to Jess - too funny!!
    Love the splat - kind of looks funky and grungy, and little miss with that handbag - cracks me up!! Thankyou for not using purple... I wouldnt comment if you did! What is with that silver butterfly!! urgh.. still have some too!
    Laughed at Nick using the "scraps" - I got told off for ripping apart the vaccuum bag to find that cute TINY goldfish brad I accidently sucked up... well it was cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My opinion? The 'overdone'red looks striking! Seriously...i wouldnt tell you if it didnt. It actually balances the whole thing out. I also love th photo and also love the frame around it. Doing well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhh...nothing wrong with this misting Jas!! It looks stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. well.. that misting mistake and has tured SUPER DUPA.. I LVOE LVOE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!
    and YES no mistakes in scrapping, I find the mistakes I make are the pages I love.
    Happy Christmas and all the best in 2011.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh WOWman.. you are NUTS>. that looks super.. whats wrong with your eyes..lol.. i know what you mean though when you have something in your head and it just well... doesnt come out that way so you dislike it.. but trust me look at it again.. esp after reading all these wonderful comments an you will see it in a totally NEW light.... happy days.. lots of love.. and if you want scraps i have heaps.. i'll send some to you. lots of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jas, just wanted to say thanks for all the gorgeous and encouraging comments you have left on my blog throughout the year ... have a great xmas and lots of happiness, joy and unexpected surprises in 2011.. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW love this Jas, the misting looks fabulous and the flower elements are gorgeous!! Have a fabulous Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic layout Jasmine absolutely love the photo and embellishments bordering it
    Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year

    ReplyDelete
  18. another beautiful layout! I love the misting actually and of course, the gorgeous flowers. Fine layout!

    ReplyDelete