About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, October 11, 2010

My First Ever Color Room

I have wanted to join in at The Color Room for a long time. The work produced is just beautiful and I find working with set colors a real challenge.

This is a photo of my Mother In Law when she was very young. (Yes, I am one of the lucky ones who gets along really well with her MIL).
I'm not really sure about the design. I was sort of a bit off centre then tried to add a bit more and then just kept adding and I think it looks all a bit out but, oh well.....



I took a couple of close ups because I made my paper bag flower and also the little green ones. They're not too special but sort of cute.


and these:


Hope you are having a great day.

Jasx

7 comments:

  1. Jeez..you are a LUCKY one to get along with your MIL :o) To make such a gorgeous layout with such wonderful sentiments, you really must like someone deeply. And I think you do.
    How did you make the bigger green flowers? Are they die cuts? You can email me to let me know if you want whenever you can samnadia@hotmail.com. Good work..you'll get addicted to The Colour Room soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO - just LOVE your hand-made flowers - using a paper bag is so cool Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to agree with the difficulty of using set colours, but your have done a beautiful job, especially lovin all the layers and the doilies

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL MARCIA!!!! I think set colours are restrictive but also like the idea - these are the colours and stop going through your stash for the 1 millionth time!!
    This LO is gorgeous - wow how young is Pam?? Love the layering and all your flowers are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome layout Jaz... oh and can you pretty please email me you snail mail addy... PLEASE>..
    and those colours YUM... and the photo.. WOW.. and the paper bag Flower.. i'm part of a local group and one of the challenges was to scrap with part of a paper bag so that is awesome.. yippee...
    cheers.. SUgar BAby

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and its only a suggestion..but maybe if you randomly rough stitched around the pink crunkly page it might give it alittle more definition ?? maybe..but just tell me to shut up if you want..

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY! Those flowers are stunning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete