About me, my family and anything scrap related

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mmmmm Donuts!!

So, have I tempted you or are you wondering where I am coming from with this title??

Well go to the Lollipop Ladies for this fortnights challenge.
We want to see you create something using the donuts as inspiration, but we want to see some chocolate on there somewhere!

Now for an explanation on my LO. I went with the colours of the donuts, even down to the green in the grass. I wanted to have a couple, yes a couple, of splodges of brown paint for the chocolate. So, the brown paint I decided to use had to be the thickest paint ever and being inpatient, I didn't wait to water it down but went ahead to do a splodge and it came out as a splurt so I just kept splurting all over the page.
At least the alphas are chocolatey looking!!

I took these photos of DD holding my hand to highlight the view I have of looking down at her. One day she will no doubt be taller than me and I wanted to remember what it looked like from my view when she was this little.


And the yummy donuts!
So, are you reaching for a donut now??

Jasx

9 comments:

  1. Loving this Jasmine!! That tied up twine is FAB I could go on about how much I love all the elements for quite some time....but I shant bore you hehe......just will say it's AWESOME : ) Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!!! I just made a donut layout last week! Classic! Yum!!! :D TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea for a photo...believe me, they grow so quickly! Love your paint splatters & the use of fabric! Yummy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is absolutely fantastically gorgeously beautiful.. i love love those picx... stunning.. and woot woot for splodges ... one of my pet hates is waiting for paint to dry.. but i still use it..lol.. amazing page.. very tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  5. that paint effect looks AWESOME and what a great concept for a layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous layout! LOVE your take on this challenge and I do love this layout! Thanks for your amazing DT creations for the Lollipop ladies.. will miss your sweet creations but YES I WILL be stalking your blog here!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO Jas. Great pics. I love photos taken from a different perspective. I love the paint effect too, even if it wasn't the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful LO Jas, love your take on the challenge. The paint splotches look fab and loving all the texture!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a great job with this LO Jasmine - love the idea of the picture! And your embellies are wonderful - cool paint splotches.

    ReplyDelete