About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, September 18, 2010

So who loves the Target adds??

Is it just me or do you stop when you hear the tune?? I love watching the colours, the patterns and textures. I just want to jump right in and be part of it. I think they hit all the right buttons for inspiration. Who would have thought a Target add would inspire us as scrapbookers (or am I just weird)?? Click here if you want to watch one. (Is it just weirder that I have even looked them up on Youtube??)

So the other day I decided to dye some doilies. I had received a fresh batch of colours so I was eager to play.
Anyway, I had a helper and can I just say, she did a fab job. Her concentration was priceless. And being a girl and taking after her mumma, it had to be perfect. Thanks for your help.

So here she is:


and here is what we produced together:

The dark green is actually food dye which was very messy and took a bit longer to dry and you need to make sure it doesn't touch anything wet as it stains. The other colours were from here.


Thanks for popping in.
Jasx

9 comments:

  1. This is soo pretty! I love these colors and the textures! What did you use to paint them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Jasmine! Great idea to involve your daughter. Just wondering, where did u get the doilies from? They are so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, they are beautiful.Just love the great colurs. Great to have a little helper :-D
    Have you made the doilies yourself? Unfortunately you can't find something like that in Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!
    I love the Target add too! Those don't run in the US. Really wish they did. Thanks for the link so I could watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Jas, you are not alone, I love the Target ads for all the reasons you listed - the song reminds me of the music from Juno (which I loved)and the colours and textures - a scrappers delight! Great job with the doilies - I think I need to borrow Emma for some projects I've got here. I'd be keen to know where you got the doilies too and thanks for the link for the dyes - off to have a looksee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these just look awesome jas..... Yep, I wanna know too, what did you dye them with???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Girls, so the doilies. Some are from Mel and some are mine. They are just cut from a tablecloth. So next time you pass an Op Shop, pop in and see if they have any. I even bought one from Big W and have cut that up, well half cut it up so far. The dye is from Starr Laces and Ribbons (via the link I put in) and the green is just food dye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jas. I did the same thing to colour my doilies and just used food colouring. I'm always on the lookout at our local op shop and have found some gorgeous doilies. Yours look fab. Love the soft pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!!! I'm heading to Vinnies tomorrow to find me a table cloth!

    ReplyDelete