I really wanted to face my "fear of scrapping her photos" and I decided to create a page using a photo of her and I that I took in the hospital earlier this year. To create from the heart and shed a few tears but to fill my page with love and passion that we both had for scrapping and for each other.
I have used the challenge at Scrap Around the World for my inspiration as the mood board was soft and included everything that my mum would have used in her style of scrapping too.
I kept it "simple"and soft because my focus was on the photo itself. All the other things are just materialistic aren't they?
My journaling is tucked away on a tag behind the photo and reads:
"I will sit with you so you won't feel alone. I will hold you so you don't suffer alone. I will love you forever, the perfect mother I've known"".
This is the gorgeous mood board:

Apart from creating wonderful memories, scrapbooking really is a way to "get lost"in your thoughts and welcome feelings we sometimes try to suppress.
I know it has been a heavy post so thank you for stopping by.
I will scrap one of the boys next time and I know that will create the chaos and mayhem that is most of my life....lol.
Jasx
This layout is beautiful, very touching.. And scrapping is an emotional activity as we are transported back to the moment in the photos.. Sending love...
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have felt strong enough to start doing some photos of this time when your Mum was sick.....not easy, but yes, I agree. There's something therapeutic about scrapping & especially for you with your Mum being a scrapper too. And of course, you have done a beautiful job of this photo, too:):)
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful page! I am so glad that you were able to do this with our mood board. I too sat with my mom for hours and days for years until she passed. And even tho I knew inevitably that I would lose her I still wasn't prepared for the impact when it came. My heart goes out to you. Only now can I talk about my mom and scrap her after three years!! And I still cry when I do a page! All the best to you from SATW! :)
ReplyDeleteVery touching. I wish I could help you to ease the pain. xxxxx All best from SATW!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, delicate, full of love ♥ Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!
ReplyDeleteLovely page..very touchy. Thanks so much for joining us at SATW.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet and soft page! I'm sending hugs your way! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Around the World!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Around the World! ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry for the loss of your mum Jas. What a beautiful tribute to her xx
ReplyDeleteAnd of course thank you so much for playing along with us again at SATW!
ReplyDelete