I am heartbroken and very sad to tell you that my Mum lost her fight with cancer on January 11th.
I won't go into the story too much as it is still so raw and painful but I am so proud of her and she fought until that final day when she could fight no more.
My sister and I were with her every minute until the end, just as she had wished for.
I honestly thought I was prepared for life without her but now I know I wasn't at all.
Each day without her is harder than the last but I hope that with time I will heal and for that reason I am trying to take some time out to scrap again and use that for therapy and a way to connect with myself again.
Yesterday was also a year to the day since I found out I had Leukaemia and I am so blessed to be where I am today with the success of my medication. Certainly reason for celebration.
I started with a page for Scrap Around The World using this divine mood board:

I had the perfect photo and it was a great start for me, nothing too emotional, but just something I could get my hands a little dirty with :)
And I thought I would throw in some close ups.
I actually used some of my Mum's supplies which were the Donna Salazar Inx. They are just beautiful to work with and so much easier than mists.
So hopefully the mojo has returned....well at least a bit. I have a scrappy weekend retreat next weekend so I can't wait to see "my girls" and have lots of laughs and scrappy time.
Until next time.
Jasx
fab photo and work! wow! thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World xoxo
ReplyDeleteI am so very sad to read of your great loss of your mum, my sincere sympathy to you Jas, and I do pray you have a full recovery too. Your layout looks wonderful, love the design and love the colors too.. Do take care..xx
ReplyDeleteJaz, I am so very sorry to hear of your sad loss. Your layout is fabulous......the colours look amazing. Take care.
ReplyDeleteAwesome layout! Sorry to hear of your loss xxx
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how raw and real your pain is right now.....but I am GLAD you are scrapping & I'm sure your Mum would be, too:) And you so have NOT lost your touch! This is lovely...that photo is a bonzer one, too.....& HAVE FUN with your scrappy mates. That will be fun for sure!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Gorgeous colors and background! So beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SATW!
ReplyDeleteLovely work, I love the photo and the background is amazing!Thank you for joining our challenge at SATW!
ReplyDeleteLove this layout! I love the photo first of all! Under the pier! Also love your choice of green! Beautifully put together! All the best from SATW! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your layout. I was really saddened that your mum passed away. I still cannot believe it. Take heart that you have such wonderful, loving memories. She always spoke highly of both of you and her grandchildren. She would be very happy that you have started scrapbooking again as this was her passion too. She was immensely proud of your achievements. I hope in my heart that time heals your pain and I hope to see more layouts both on your blog and in publications. Regards Pauline
ReplyDeleteStunning layout! Especially I like the colours!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining at SATW!
Adorable layout! Love the photo! Beautiful in all! All the best from SATW!
ReplyDeleteOh Jas I am so sorry to hear about your mum's passing :( I really don't know what to say but that I wish for you happiness with your beautiful family & that your health remains in good tact & thank goodness all is well there - yay! Your layout is magnificent & I am so glad you reconnected with yourself with your artistic therapy xx
ReplyDelete