About me, my family and anything scrap related

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Our beginning.... Scrap Around The World Challenge

I loved the mood board as soon as I saw it this month at Scrap Around the World.
I knew my inspiration would come from the butterfly...how could I resist?

  
I created a page about my Mum and I, about our beginning, about us. In my eyes, a butterfly represents beauty, freedom, hope, love.  This page had to have a lot of love, precision, passion and beauty.  It was about my mum, about the one person who has known and loved me the longest.  The lady who I am going to lose very soon to Cancer and who I love so so deeply.

I began with a template of a butterfly from the internet.  I traced it on to baking paper, then traced it to my page.  I used my journal pen to outline the butterfly in black.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks to create the colour and then glued beads in matching colours.  It took a long time but it was one of those pages that I just loved taking time on.  This is the sort of page that makes scrapbooking therapeutic and fun.

I finished with minimal detail, just a couple of photos and journaling.  I felt that was all it needed.


And a close up of the bead work.

 
Thanks :)

Jasx

17 comments:

  1. You've created a wonderful layout; I love the colours, swirls and Your journaling; thanks for plaing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! Jasmine you never cease to amaze me with your amazing creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sublime...simply shouts "love"....that butterfly & those colours.....wow! You have sure excelled & used that mood board to perfection:):) I'm so glad that your scrapping is therapeutic to you. Needs to be atm, I'd reckon:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning layout! I absolutely love your background! The colors are gorgeous and the black flourish is stunning! Beautifully done! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully expressed. Your imagery and sentiments heartbreakingly honest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout! Love the butterfly swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK that back ground is exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I love that butterfly background with those little beads. Awesome pics too. So glad you played along with us here at SATW too Jaz.
    Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are 1 VERY CREATIVE CHIC... This is TRULY BEAUTIFUL layout Jas.....THANK you for been inspired by & playing along over @ SATW this month! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely take on the moodboard, your work is so artsy and outstanding! thanks for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very PRETTY PAGE, THANK YOU for JOINING SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is such a stunning tribute to your mum. I hope everything goes as well as possible. Thanks for joining in at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear you will be losing you mum. This is a lovely tribute to her, the butterfly looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW... this is just amazing Jas. I love everything about it.... so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The amount of love, passion and hope that you've poured into this LO leaps off the page Jas. Stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is touching & beautiful Jas. Thanks so much for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete