Good afternoon scrappy peeps.
Just popping in to share a page I created for CSI.
When I sat down to plan my page I began by thinking of what I could create that was a little "different".
I decided I would use calico as a background, then it led me to think about what I could do with it. Then from no where the idea of tie-dying popped into my head so I decided to give it a try using mists......
I wasn't sure if it would work but it did and I really love the effect.
And I just love the colours in this weeks scheme. Very unusual combination and it is amazing when working with colour combinations how you find so many things in your stash that fit.
My Scheme is in the colours.
Evidence is in the book pages and also the wings of my butterflies.
Testimony is my journaling "The Story" which is misted book pages made into a little booklet and the journaling inside is about our night we spent in the City recently with the kids.
Short and sweet. I think it's time I rounded up the boys. They are outside playing Ninjas and I don't quite know where they get their energy from but they have not stopped for hours and I am sure there will be tears soon. My little Miss however is being a typical girl pottering and playing quietly inside. Boy brain vs girl brain at its best....lol.
Jasx

Oh wow, love love love that background, really clever use of color! Gorgeous Jas =)
ReplyDeleteHI.. wow this looks fabulous. I love the back ground... and I can see this getting snapped up for publication too on a new technique with the paper!! love this...
ReplyDeleteWow, your background looks so amazing & I love that big yellow flower!
ReplyDeleteWow that's a fantastic idea. Truly original. And it turned out great!! Love it,,
ReplyDeleteThis is totally awesome Jas!!!!! The background looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteWow! You've created a stunning background here Jasmine! Love yout layout! :)
ReplyDeletewonderful and very different background, very nice and unique, looks fabulous :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow....you are so creative this looks amazing! Absolutely perfect and that photo is just gorgeous! I had a giggle at your little ninjas - just like my household lol and yes it usually ends in tears...boys will be boys.
ReplyDeleteHugs
xoxo
totally lovin that bright yellow flower...so awesome!
ReplyDeleteOoooh I LOVE that background Jas, it turned out brilliant. Sooo effective. You always seem to come up with such innovative ideas. Love your layout too. Thanks for sharing this fab technique with us.
ReplyDeleteCheers Di xo
Love your background, it looks amazing. Fantastic, bright happy page.
ReplyDeleteWhat a rocking background!!!!!! Love your page - the colours are amazing! You are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG OMG OMG !!!!!!! you are soooooooooooooo creative Jas .... your brain must be swimming with
ReplyDeleteso many beautiful inspiring ideas .. love love love xoxoo
Like Heather said, OMG OMG OMG OMG!! You're such an inspiration, Jasx (I wonder how many times I have already said that to you)... :) Always a pleasure to see your layouts.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your lovely work with us at OUAS!
Ps. What exactly is this tie-dying thing? How's done? I'm sorry, my English doesn't help me here...
Wow...what a FABULOUS background!! That came out remarkable--just love the effect that this technique gave you. What a great photo too...love the seam and how you matted the photo--just love this page overall! Thanks for joining us at OUAS!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Stunning layout and fabulous texture!!! Thanks for taking part of our challenge :)
ReplyDelete*Picks jaw up off the ground* Jas, this is Ah-mazing!! Just cathcing up on your creations, how I wish I had time to drop by more, but I have left feeling ultra inspired!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend XO
The background is amazing!So unique!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
Thank you for joining us at OUAS
Groovy baby! Awesome LO Jas, love how the torn pages mimic the tie-dye pattern.
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful Jas - wow!!
ReplyDelete