About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, August 20, 2012

A quick share

Hello ladies and welcome to a new week.
The sun is actually shining today and I even have the front door open letting the fresh air in rather than having the heating on. 
Spring must be around the corner.

Bird is the Word has the challenge word "Shadow" which I happily played along with because I knew I had a pic I had been wanting to scrap.

I played with the background and added a lot of texture, gesso and ink. I kept to a monochromatic palette to highlight the photo and I just love how DD is looking up at me.


Now I am off to drown myself in "toy sorting, clearing and donating".  Wish me luck. I might not be back for days....lol.

Jasx

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!! Love the texture!!! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while using some old flowers. This looks amazing, Jas! BTW - good luck!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, you did so well with all the different textures.
    good luck with the toy purging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How clever to use that photo!!!Great background texture!!! Love it!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely page, love the word, fabulous background textures :) have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! How gorgeous!! I love the photo and all the textual details on the back ground. Good luck with the toy sorting..x ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI.. this is stunning.. the photo is perfect for the word shadow, and the monochromatic color scheme is fabulous.. love the background... and thanks for joining in at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jas this is just beautiful! Love the white textured background...brings all the focus to that wonderful 'shadow' pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Jas... love the use of the gauze and the all whilte... just so textural and touchable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did for this challenge Jas - I remember seeing this picture - it's perfect!! Love the white theme too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that background is amazing Jasmine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness WOW! Your background is amazing and that photo.....just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man look at that AMAZING background!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That background is DIVINE...... Love that photo!
    SO AWESOME to have you join in @ Bird Is The Word!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the white textured background...loveeeeeeee the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhha this is really so cool! fabbo photo too you clever chickie! :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaaw this is really cute! The photo is darling and your background is so artsy and stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow wonderful photo as a take for this word!! love the LO thanks for sharing with us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photo of the shadow! And allsow the work you did on the background.

    Thx for joining us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!! love your photo for this word...so cool!! your background is gorgeous!!
    I hope everything is fine there, Take care girl!!! Thanks for playing at BITW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jasmine wow I love love love the textured background! fab layout!
    thanks for playing with us at BITW
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning page Jasmine! This was a perfect picture for our challenge word. I am so happy you played along at BITW!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete