Hope you are well.
I have turned off my word verification as I know it is harder to comment now with having to type the two words that most of the time I just guess what the letters are and hope for the best. I have been pretty lucky not to have received much if any spam but I did receive a comment yesterday on my last post from F.T. It read:
"Nice effort, but you can do more better than this"
How funny.
Or maybe it is a real scrapper trying to tell me something......
So this fortnight we would like you to join us at Once Upon A Sketch to create a page using this sketch:
And this journaling criteria:
Finish this line "I miss...".
Tell us about someone you are missing right now and why. Your journalling can be as long or as little as you like, but we want to hear all about someone you are missing!
Ideas for journalling: missing time alone with your partner, missing your old self, missing your children because they are off to school, university or living away from you, missing your children being young, missing a friend you have not seen in a while, someone in another country, someone that has passed away, a mentor whose advice you could use, a relative you wish you lived closer to, someone you regret having an argument with, missing a pet
Remember that you are allowed to also create a card or altered project based on this sketch and theme and instead of the journalling criteria you need to use a quote.
I decided to base my sketch about DS1. He is now 10 and is hitting that pre-teen phase, still too young to understand it all but knows everything - apparently. With the bullying issues at school and the jealousy of his brothers, sometimes that happy, good natured boy disappears for a while. We butt heads often but at the same time, we have a very close bond and he will always come to me first. I hope we never lose that.
So my journaling reads:
"I miss you sometimes Wesley
I miss the boy who is happy
I miss the boy who smiles
I miss the boy who doesn't backchat
I miss the boy who plays fair
I miss the boy who shows respect
I miss the boy who does not hold a huge weight on his shoulders
I miss the boy who isn't growing up so fast
I miss you sometimes Wesley"
I rotated the sketch and used my photo as the long strip of pp.....and I just loooooved using the black cardstock. Everything else on the page just pops.
We have soooo many wonderful sponsors so be sure to check them out here to see what you could win.
Until next time.
Jasx
LOL at the spam..! It is JUSt spam. Dont worry :)
ReplyDeleteYour journalling ..its beautiful. LOVE this :)
OH MY!! even if you were thinking it you wouldn't say it!!lol! By the way great male page I barely ever scrap male pages I find they go in the too hard basket!also whats a real scrapper? I always thought there was no right or wrong in scrapbooking! Keep up the great work that comment should be water off a ducks back still having a chuckle about it lol Have a great day :)
ReplyDeleteomg that spam is everywhere...i wouldn't worry about it Jas...
ReplyDeletelove the sketch might have to make time for this one ...
GREAT Layout Jas! Love the journalling!
ReplyDeleteAmazing Jaz, love how everything just pops against the black. As for your spam, I got "I like the yellow" from the same person lol. I doubt if they even look at your lo, it's just spam!
ReplyDeletewow Jas this is sooooooooooooo beautiful ..and the poem is so heartfelt and full of love .... such an awesome page . I love the black too ... this page is amazing .. love xoxo
ReplyDeleteGEE! The Spam is just that SPAM... & they SURE left it @ the Wrong blog Girlfriend!!!
ReplyDeleteThis Layout is Superb!! I love that Background....
That's golden! Gotta love spam. Hehe.
ReplyDeleteLove love ur layout!!
totally love the black background, everything just pops off the page :)
ReplyDeletehaha, I got two comments from the same spammer. They didn't make sense on my posts either. I wonder if they are some how automated?! And how dodgy was the profile picture, that was a prize winning picture a few years ago for TIME magazine or something similar.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow more importantly your gorgeous layout of DS1, beautiful photo and the black base is a great foil for the bright green and red.
Maybe it's something to do with first born kids, I have a lot of the same issues with mine and yet I know underneath the attitude he's a great kid that loves he's Mum. I guess we just have to be patient until they reappear.
Cheers. :)
ack!! how rude!! they clearly haven't even looked at your blog!! love the lo and your fantastic interpretation of the sketch jas. The black bg looks awesome. :) xx
ReplyDeleteStunning layout once again Jasmine! Reading your journaling brought a tear to my eye as I remember all of it so well. Thank goodness they don't stay teenagers forever. :)
ReplyDeleteLol! Wouldn't worry about the spammers at all. They clearly have no idea what they are talking about! xx
ROTFL!!! @ the spammer! I've had some comments from the same spammer... I don't even know what the whole point of spam is... I always thought it was ham in a tin with clear jelly... lol. Seriously though, the comments are random like "Love the cards, can I ask what die-cutter you use?" - this is about a layout with nothing at all that could of had a die-cutter. And "I love the colours but the photos are too sharp" WTH? And on the Purple Pumpkin blog about Kylie's layout I think "Great embossing but a little complex"... hahaha. BTW - I've also seen the comment you got on someone else's blog too. LOL! Okay now onto your layout (if I can pick myself off the floor from laughing) - the black cardstock is rockin' and I love the striking design hey!!! You can do so many different styles sooo well! Oh but hang on a minute - you can do better! LOL - sorry it's just so funny!!! :)
ReplyDeletexo
The black background really sets this layout off, love it!! Hopefully the spammer keeps his distance- I've been really lucky not to have any spam yet...but good to know about this one, will keep my eye out, lol...
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful journaling Jas! Lovely!! Ooooh what a hoot with FT!! I've had a couple of her comments too and just deleted them - she's just adding her links to the comments to hopefully get some hits for whatever it is she's selling so I delete them - they've always been okay though but I could tell straight away she was a spammer & I won't leave any comments on with a live link in case anything can get transferred if people click on it - but to be insulting your work?!?! That's just too hilarious! Perhaps she thinks that way you may click in and check her out heahahahaeaha!!!
ReplyDeletesuch an incredible heartfelt LO, Just love it Jas...its perfect for you son to see too. Pre-teen years can be a little difficult at times, I hope his transition becomes smoother as he grows and lots of hugs for both of you. Your sense of colour is always totally amazing and again it delights here!
ReplyDeleteI loathe the new way of the two word password - I sometimes got it wrong too (rolling eyes) how about go to moderated without it, then you can delete it before approving? Its what I do now - easier for everyone. The spammer obviously doesnt know what 'its' looking at!!! .. otherwise would never have written it!
This is so touching Jasmine.
ReplyDeleteI guess sometimes we forget how tough it can be being a kid.
Just beautiful hun and ba humbag to whomever left you that comment. Obviously absolutely clueless @@@@
Hugs
xoxo
This is fabulous! The perfect touch! Love it with the black background!
ReplyDeletelove the white splashes against the black Jasmine
ReplyDeleteabsolutely beautiful Jas, such a touching and heartfelt post - I love it and it inspires me to do something similar with my oldest - I think journalling is important and for the reader, it will certainly share a lot in years to come.
ReplyDelete