Hi Ladies.
I am just about to head off on a Scrappy weekend away with Malinda, Leonie and Melissa.
Just the four of us this time. So so required.....school holidays are wearing that little bit thin. I think the kids will enjoy me being away too.....lol.
So I have popped in to leave you with my pages that I entered for the Scrapbooking Memories Masters competition. Although I didn't make Masters, I am thrilled to be on the Creative Team which has turned out to be a bigger challenge for me....
So my first page is based on the sketch provided by SM. I will also add in my inspiration/blurb thingy bit that we had to add with each page.
"I wish"
I wanted this LO to capture the true, natural expression and personality of my daughter. She is a deep thinker and a ‘big’ talker and at the time I created this LO quite a few times each day she would begin her sentences with “I wish” and follow with something about being a mummy or a lady so she could do something that I had done or spoken of.
I wanted this LO to be natural, pretty, feminine and soft which is everything I would use to describe Emma.
I wanted this LO to be natural, pretty, feminine and soft which is everything I would use to describe Emma.
And the next page was to include a 5x7 photo.
"Childhood"
During our “Farm Day” we went to a paddock full of hay bales.
The children climbed the bales and ran across them and down them without any fear whatsoever.
This photo captured two 3 year old girls, high off the ground, without one care or fear in the world so I wanted this LO to capture the innocence of their childhood.
I wanted it to include natural, soft, feminine elements like those captured in the photo.
I wanted to highlight the girls so I duplicated the photo and placed a bracket around them.My double feature was published in the mag so I will just show you a sneak and my blurby bit.
"Best Day Ever"
I was inspired by the wonderful day my children experienced on the farm and I wanted my layout to tell the story and show each child riding the horses and to capture their reactions.
I loved this color combination as they were neutral colors for the theme of this layout.
I wanted to keep the natural theme of the farm so I added some raw chipboard pieces like the fences and barbed wire and also the string.
The main element I wanted to capture was my title. This summarises everything this layout is about.
And my last page was to include hidden journaling.
"My 5 Strengths"
I recently completed a survey which identified my 5 strengths, so when I read the criteria of hidden journaling, I thought that this theme would be perfect.
So I built a LO around myself and I wanted it to “pack a punch” in some way because it was about being ‘Strong’.
I began with a large photo of myself (which is something I wouldn’t normally do) and I wanted the embellishments and paper to be feminine yet in bolder/stronger colours. I also wanted my hidden journaling to be created in a unique way and I think the result was exactly what I imagined.I wanted the design and details to all tie in as you opened the page.
So if you made it through, thank you.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend. I am sure I will.....
Jasx
I love these LO's. I really like the different elements you have used to make the unique. The way your last LO opens out is a terrific idea, a greats way to add extra space to a LO.
ReplyDeleteOMGosh! Each and every LO is fabulous!! (And I love your featured LO in the mag!!) Congratulations on creating such amazing work. And good luck with the creative team!!
ReplyDeleteSIGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jasmine these are just gorgeous and I must say that hidden journalling one is just BREATHTAKING........gorgeous gorgeous goregous...I love d your first article BTW!!!
ReplyDeletestunning, gorgeous and just beautiful -the last one is just amazing! Great job in the mag too!! Have a wonderful weekend! xox
ReplyDeleteWOW! These are all just amazing.
ReplyDeleteWOW WOW WOW what stunning layouts Jasmine I particularly like the triple photo...I will scraplift you as I love this idea! LOL
ReplyDeletehugz
irini
beautiful creations love them all :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Such amazing creations Jasmine! I adore every single one of them! Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend! xx
ReplyDeleteReading the previous comments, I think I'm not the only one that loved that 3-photo page - your work is outstandingly brilliant. I particularly love your use of fabric and the sense of texture each layout of yours has. Wonderful work... Thanks for inspiring us!!
ReplyDeleteWow, stunning, amazing work enjoy your me time with friends, take care, Doreen x
ReplyDeleteThese are all totally fabulous, a real testimony to your great talent. I love the hidden journalling one, that is just so clever how you have done that with the photo tucked in behind. Congrats on making it on the Creative Team too. I look forward to some more inspiration each month from you in the mag.
ReplyDeleteCheers Di xo
Fabulous masters entries, Jas...love them all <3
ReplyDeleteThese are just stunning Jasmine!! I just adorw your work, everytime there is something new and creative to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI really can't wait to see what you do this year in the mag....have a great weekend with the girls hun!
Hugs
xoxo
wow wow wow !!!! you are on fire Jassy !!!!!! these are so awesome .. and the one with Emma is just delightful .... love them all .. fabulous stuff !! hugz x
ReplyDeleteThese are gorgeous pages Jasmine. I loved your honourable mention in the magazine. xx
ReplyDeleteThese are all fabulous, Jasmine- I don't even know where to start!! Just amazing, love your work as always!
ReplyDeleteWOW Jas.. all such stunning creations.. all I can say is DIVINE!!! Congrats again on making the Creative Team for SM, they are so lucky to have you!! Have a fab weekend with the girls. Hugs :))
ReplyDeleteJasmine all these pages are so beautiful and each one a little different. The one of you with the hidden journaling is wonderful . Gorgeous photo and love the soft and bold elements in it, perfect. xx
ReplyDeleteAmazing Jas - really excellent - congrats on the outcome - it will certainly challenge you this year!!
ReplyDeleteHELLO my friend.... a HUGE congrats on making the CT... so well deserved. x your layouts are all so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHehe I seemed to have missed a bit ;) These are all gorgeous layouts, you can see why they chose you for CT...I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for us! I loved your 1st month with the recycled layout :) enjoy your time with SBM.
ReplyDelete