Here I am today to share the page I created for Scrap for help Nov challenge.
This months we've been thinking of Christmas... Yep, already. And we are not even into December but it really isn't far away.
You can create any project as long as you have something recylcled in it.
Now I have to be honest and say that I am not a fan of Christmas pages. Not sure why but I just don't like doing the cliche Chrissy page so I try to make it a little traditional but not with traditional Christmas pages.
I have used recycled cardboard for the tree and recycled book pages.
With 4 children, we cannot pick one to put the star on the tree so we figure, we can all do it.
It had all started off nicely, putting the star on the tree one at a time and taking photos. So when DH and I had our turn, we kind of went a bit silly, hence the looks on our faces. Usually it is the kids that have to be silly in our photos.
And this page is neither 12x12 nor 8.5x11. I am not even game to measure it. You see it started as a 12x12 then I thought I would add some black paint at the top and bottom of the book pages but it didn't quiet suit (actually it was so so so bad) so I had to cut the page down, just a wee bit.
Who said we had to create a certain size page......lol.
Hope you are having a great day girls.
Jasx
Bahahaha Great photos Jas! Love the way you have distressed your photos and that big bow is awesome.
ReplyDeleteThis LO is fabulous!! I adore the hessian ribbon!
ReplyDeleteThis looks great Jas. Love your bow and the tree.
ReplyDeleteYEAH! We have both Kiddlets Put the Star on the Tree, Cause GEE! if 1 does it & not the Other!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!♥♥♥♥
How TOTALLY C.U.T.E is that Corrugated Tree.......
Love this Design & the Shea Family Photo's...
Have a Wonderful Week Missy!!
♥♥
oh super gorgeous bow Jas and the tree is fab too. And guess what? Our four all have a go at putting the finishing touch on the tree too. haha! Every four years is just too long to wait in between your turns!
ReplyDeleteLol! Love your 'new size' layout Jas! The pics are too funny. The bow looks fab and so does your Christmas tree. Very clever. xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful page !!! I love all your photos and the edges on them :)
ReplyDeleteYour bow, book paper and Christmas tree were awesome details :)
Thanks for the inspiration :)
Oh this is a lovely Christmas page, Jas! I love the traditional, yet "classic" feel to it! Stunning!
ReplyDeletesuch a lovely christmas page, just awesome :)
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! What a laugh. Having to cut the age down! I can relate to that ...lol!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS work. Seriously LOVE how you did the photos. What a great idea. LOVE that XMAS tree too. Oh Christmas is almost here. WOW! How did that happen?
Take care!
LOVE this Jas.. the hessian ribbon and book pages look fabbo and how cute is your corregated Chrissy tree, and really love how you used all those sweet family pics! Have a great day :)) hugs
ReplyDeleteQue linda e criativa esta página.Abraços
ReplyDeleteLovely colors and that bow with the book pages love it all!
ReplyDeleteThis is such an awesome Christmas page. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas pages either but this year I'm trying to be. lol Luv, luv luv your hesian bow...looks fab.
ReplyDeletewow, this is just fabulous - love the series of b&w pictures - great papers too. I know what you mean about Christmas pages - not something I really do either.
ReplyDeleteFabulous page, by the way you are a hero a mum of 4 WOW and you find time to scrapbook...I bow down to your awesomeness!! hahahaha
ReplyDeletehugz
irini
Love the whole idea of this page. The black and white pics look fab against the red and green and I love the ribbon and corrugated cardboard tree. Love the story!! :) :)
ReplyDeleteI love that idea of taking the photos of everyone putting the star up!! And i love the way this lo came out! I love the hessian ribbon as well.
ReplyDeletetotally totally totally LOVE that tree, it looks awesome!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! What a fun twist to a traditional Christmas page!
ReplyDeleteLove it Jas!! The photos really tell a story here and had to have a giggle about the paint..its something that I would do as well :))xx
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! It's like opening up a storybook!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic layout - love the tree ;0)
Hugs
xoxo
Haha about the size!! I guess you could sew a special page protector for it & slot it in Ali Edwards style :) I love the photos - what fun! Good idea to stop the fighting!! And that hessian ribbon is aaaaaawesome...
ReplyDeleteOh, you are a clever girl! I love the photos!!!!!!! Great design, beautiful work!!!!!Thanks for making me laugh!!!LOL
ReplyDeleteHugs,
xoxoxo
Hi Jasmine,
ReplyDeleteLove the xmas page! Adorable photos too! I hope you're well.
Regards,
Marivic
http://apaperspurpose.typepad.com/
absolutely loving this Jas .... great photos ... hugz x
ReplyDeleteLove this page! Just so eye-catching...so festive!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful page, Jas! Just love the book pages as a backdrop to those fun photos. Love that great big gold ribbon tying the whole page together like a beautiful Christmas package!
ReplyDeleteI love your page, Jas!!! Fabulous Christmas page!!! love the multiples b/w pics. Yes, Christmas is in the corner! I love Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI imagine the faces of your kids, lol!
Take Care girl!!
Hugs!!! :)