About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, October 24, 2011

Wish

At Bird is the Word we have a new challenge word to introduce today.....our new word to use on a layout or other project is WISH.  You will have one month to complete this project.  When the time is up for the challenge our design team will vote for a first place winner and four featured winners.

The first place winner will receive a blog badge and a kit from Tidbitz In Time.  All featured winners will receive a special badge for her blog.

I will begin by taking you through my train of thought on this page. It's ok, it won't be too scary...lol.
I created this flowery thingy which represented the dandelion that DD is blowing:

 And the flowers from my masking is the pieces of the dandelion blowing away.....
So putting it all together,
And I made up my own little quote too.  It seemed to fit perfectly with this pic.

Now I have been a bit lazy with my photo a day for this month but on Saturday I went to a Photography Workshop held by the talented Celeste Vermeend.  She takes amazing photos so I jumped at the opportunity to meet her and learn how it is all done.  Well a start anyway.  I am an Auto girl when it comes to using my camera so to learn about light and what my camera can actually do was just fabulous.

So now I am inspired again and Celeste has actually set us a challenge to take 10 pics (from the 30 day Photography Challenge I did in Sept) in the next month. She also gave us a frame as a gift so we could frame our favourite photo.


And yesterday we went to a National Park with the kiddies so it was a perfect opportunity to put my new found knowledge to the test.

There is such a huge difference playing with the lighting and when I looked back at my Auto photos, wow, they just don't compare.

Here is a sample of some pics from our day..

DS and DD.  Don't you just love her chocolatey mouth....

DD and a girlfriend's daughter, gazing into the river.


And my big boy.

And this last one comes with a little story.  The kids were playing in the water, yep, shoes and all.  You are only young once hey so what do wet shoes and shorts matter?
Well DS7 decided to take a break on a rock to get the pebbles out of his shoe when that shoe decided to go for a swim.....downstream.  He was devastated and somehow thought hubby or I could go for a swim to look for it.....ummmm, not quite.
So he returned home with only one shoe.  Luckily they were a very oooooold pair of shoes and it didn't matter.  So this pic is of him sitting on the rock in tears over his lost shoe.

Thanks for sitting through this terribly long post.  I hope you have a fab day.

Take care.

Jasx

23 comments:

  1. Oh it looks so lovely and warm there! We are on the brink of winter! Your photos are lovely! And that page is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your page Jas.. your pics have such a soft dreamy quality!! Would love to find a bit of time to do a photo workshop and it is on my list of things to do before we go to NZ for Christmas. Your little dandelion inspired flower is beautiful.. loving the soft and wispy textures! Haven't been around lately, so I'm catching up.. your creations on previous posts are all gorgeous as usual!! Have a wonderful week :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. first up.what a sad photo .. oh no for the old shoe....lol..

    but.. that layout is superb... LOVE the red of the blown dandelion..amazing idea that one.. well done....!!

    thanks for your lovin on my blog..and yeah i'm sure i'll get over it but at the moment i think i just need some time out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this! The two pics are so perfect on the pkg. and the branch looks great with the postion of the flowers! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is stunning Jamine! I love those colours together and that CW template is one of my faves. Your pics look great... and oh no for the lost shoe! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing, your layout is stunning, love the word "wish".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have thoroughly enjoyed your stories in this post Jas. I think you take brilliant photos. I am afraid I fail dismally in that department. Love the layout too. Cheers Di xx
    PS Your little boys looks really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Jas! Simplicity at its best!! Love those gorgeous photos...how lucky are you..now you will have to tell me the secret..lol!! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. just such a lovely sweet layout, love your quote. Great photo's too, poor little boy with the lost shoe ;( looks like they were a favourite pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous photos Jasmine, I sooo need to do a course as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaz sounds like the course was awesome i so want to do this one as well.Great page too.Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha - poor boy!! Yup they think mum & dad are miracle workers don't they LOL?! Now your layout is ever so pretty and I am so excited you took Celeste's day course. That girl is mega-talented - I have just come from her blog now where I saw her wedding pics - oh my word!! Speechless!!! And let me tell you that I can already see that you are no longer on auto - way to go girl - you will love the fun journey you have just embarked on - cameras can do some amazing things...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful layout! So elegant, I love your masking. And what adorable photos xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. GR8! minds think alike.... hehehe
    Both of US Creating layouts with Dandelions!!
    TOTALLY GORGEOUS... Love the Close UPS too.....
    All your Photos look FAB!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow what a fabulous post Jas !!!! love the pics they are so beautiful .... and that page there is something quite beautiful about it!!! peaceful and beautiful .... love all the embellies, the flower looks awesome ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow jas this LO is so sweet and elegant - love the simplicity.
    Poor little man with one shoe hopping around :( at least with the other shoe he could hurl it at LJ's head... I hear she is good at dodging stray shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh awwww... love that page Jas - that template and the prima packaging!!
    how lucky you having a course with Celeste - wish I lived closer - thsoe photos are GORGEOUS Too!!
    Enjoy the rest of your week x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Love your page, Jas! You are so outta control talented, girl! Love how you can do lots of different kinds of layouts... you rock! What a coincidence, my last layout is about the exact same thing - blowing dandelions and making a wish! It's a dt one so it'll be on my blog soon. Classic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your posts Jas - they always take me on a journey! I just love the LO you created and am fascinated to hear the story behind WHY people put the things they do onto a page. The quote you created is fabulous - I might just have to quote YOU on that one!
    Your pics look great babe! I am soooo jealous every time I read about other people's cameras! LOL (One day I will have a new one!) And LMAO about the shoe too!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh... the poor little fella...great story to remember one day but, I look forward to seeing you scrap this one ;0)
    Loving your layout, the masking is awesome and your flowery thingy is stunning!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous layout Jasmine. I so love your representation of the dandelion with all its bits flying. OH and your photos are amazing. I am so going to have to do a course with mine. Poor little DS7!!! He looks so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the layout! Fabulous photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply Beautiul lo Jas and those pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete