I have had an awesome day today.
One of my bridesmaids whom I have not seen for years came over with her family for dinner.
Between children, work and life we lost contact but recently started chatting again. She has a boy who is my twin's age and a girl who is 13 days younger than my daughter so they thought it was pretty awesome too.
And it was like we had seen each other yesterday. We began our friendship at 15 when we worked at the Supermarket together and honestly, apart from maturing.....well a little bit, we have not changed.
I can't wait for many more catch ups.
So I am here to share our next challenge at Once Upon a Sketch. When I first read this challenge I had no idea where I would go with it but then I realised that I had the perfect story. My everyday.
Journalling criteria: A most embarrassing/awkward/uncomfortable moment. Journal at least 2 SENTENCES on a moment that you will remember for all the wrong reasons. Examples: something you said/did, something your child said, something your pet did etc.You must combine our journalling criteria with this sketch.
I don't ooze a lot of self confidence so when I meet somebody for the first time or in a group if the focus is on me, I blush. Not just red but beetroot. And just the other day, after I had created this page, I was at a 3rd Birthday Party with my daughter and son. I was talking to the other mums and whatever I said made me blush a little, just a little. Then DS turned around and said "Mum, why are you going so red?" Innocent enough hey? Well the little bit went to a whole lot and I may have even been purple in the end.
I have used some gorgeous Imaginarium Design Chipboard flourish and alphas and the gorgeous range of paper from 7 Gypsies.
Sponsors
Imaginarium designs, is a new chipboard company founded in 2010. It is the combined collaboration of a Mother and Son team who both work in the paper craft industry.
Please visit the blog for inspiration and to see what the design team has been up to http://www.imaginariumdesigns.blogspot.com/ and you can purchase this amazing chipboard at Seriously Scrapbooking (they ship anywhere in the world at actual postage cost)
Bibbys One of a Kind was established in 2011 out of my passion to create. I am a SAHM and spend each day creating something new, I have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Bibbysoneofakind where I do a lot of my advertising and updates ,and a small blog page which I am trying to grow. I make embellishment packs, crochet items, party favours and invitations to name a few. New ideas are born regularly.
Prizes
The winner of this challenge, as chosen by the Design Team, will receive this from
...a pack of their latest and most popular chipboard. The best thing about this, is that the pack will be different each month and will be customised to fit the winners needs. So if you have girls, you will be sent girly chipboard etc. And don't forget that they also sponsor our entire Design Team so please see the examples above for all the creative uses of this awesome chipboard.

I am sending the winner of my prize two of my previous embellishment packs and a 3rd mystery pack with a theme of your choice. This pack will be a 'one off' handmade pack created especially for you! Good luck everyone, Bibby.
Thank you SO much to our lovely sponsors . We couldn't do this without your support!
Things to consider when playing along...
**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter
**You are allowed to create a card, layout or off-the-page item based on the provided sketch and additional journalling criteria. If you are creating a card or altered item you only need to include a quote.
**You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognisable.
**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it on the bottom of this post using the Link tool. Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there.
** The deadline for this challenge is midnight October31st, Australian Eastern Standard Time . The Design Team will vote and the winners and the Top 5 project will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.
**You may enter as many times as you like and combine this with other challenges.
**Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog. Have a great night/day and thanks for stopping by.
Jasx


WOW jasmine what a fabulous gorgeous layout!!!!
ReplyDeleteI just so love that photo of you!!!
Take Care
TONI
XOXOXO
a total stunner Jas a stunner !!!!
ReplyDelete.... love all of this ... hugz x
This is just so so pretty Jasmine, i love that feather featured!
ReplyDeleteGreat take on the challenge, love how you have just popped the packaging in there for an extra layer. All looks terrific. Cheers Di xx
ReplyDeleteLove that layout! Love the paper and distressing and the colours - green and red :)
ReplyDeleteJust a gorgeus page ...wonderful in any detail!!! Great job as always Jas!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love everything you do ...you inspire me a lot!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Kisses and huges
Cynthia
Hey Hey MISS J!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a GORGEOUS Layout & I think that photo of you is Gorgeous too!!!
I really LOVE the RED & GREEN in this Layout..
Also the Black feather is FABBO.....
Have a Lovely Sunday!!! xx
Oh WOW! This looks amazing. Totally luv it all.
ReplyDeleteThis is just so sweet Jasmine! Love your lo, love your sweet journaling!
ReplyDeleteLove your touches of green and red - awesome details Jas. I'm a blusher too and like Marcia I blame it on being fair skinned (and the fact I constantly say silly things).
ReplyDeletegorgeous Jas, love the little 'blushes' of red you've added. Beautiful butterflies. cheers have a fab week. :)
ReplyDeletethis is gorgeous. You could be journalling about me - I am exactly the same. Sometimes in a bigger group, even just thinking about contributing can make me blush. Take care
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet Jas - I love that you shared this - we are total opposites on this front - nothing embarrassed me! I was also wracking my brain to come up with something for this - OUAS sure keeps us real hey!!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely wonderful...I saved the image in a special file on my computer that I open when I need some inspiration!!
ReplyDeleteHi.. you have created a wonderful take on the challenge.. i have been thinking about this one, and am stuck at the moment!! i love your layout, it is honest and i love the distressing and the direct photo.. well done on a great layout!
ReplyDeleteLove the distressing in this layout and the gorgeous pic of you! A little secret... I blush pretty easy myself. Shhhh...
ReplyDeleteFabulous take on the challenge Jasmine. xx
Sooo lovely Jas. Loving those butterflies, the colours and pretty much everything. I have an award for you over at my blog so be sure to come pick it up xo
ReplyDeleteLove that you caught up with your old friend - it's awesome when you can still hit it off like old times! Gorgeous page! You should scrap yourself more often!! xx
ReplyDeleteLove ur layout Jasmine!! Gorgeous papers ;0)
ReplyDeleteLovely layout Jas! I love the flourish like that - it's really awesome!!! Fabulous page! :D
ReplyDeleteAww this is so cool. Actually, I think it's refreshing that people still blush. Very awesome and creative page.
ReplyDeleteLovely page and I really admire your honesty. I too am a blusher so really understand how awful these situations are, let alone write about it!
ReplyDeleteP.S Love the butterflys!