About me, my family and anything scrap related

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Scrap for Help, Recycle

Morning girls,

I hope you are enjoying Father's Day or at least the Dad's are.
DH received his wonderful presents from the Father's Day stall....actually, they were pretty good this year.
He has just taking the dog for a walk, the kids are happy so here I am to quickly post my next share.

Scrap for Help this month is focusing on Spring and also to use any recycled material.  Our challenge was to use fruit packaging which I seem to have a lot of in my "texture" stash but finding the right way to use it was the challenge.  Here I used it under my photo and I loved the end result.
I also had to hunt for a Spring themed photo and came up with one I did many years ago (I really should go back and find the original page I did with this photo and have a laugh at it......



And I am also joining in with Felicity this month for a 30 Day Photography Challenge.  This is the list:
And here are my first three:

Day 1. Self Portrait (I just don't like self portraits and how big does my camera look?  Good advertising for Nikon I guess)

Day 2. What you wore today (again the big camera. I was going to take my clothes off and lay them out nicely and take a pic but this was much quicker and easier)
Day 3. Clouds (unfortunately we didn't have a lot of clouds yesterday in Melbourne)

Today is something green.......mmmmm.  What will I find?

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jasx

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, love the layers & those papers (think I need to get thru what I've got & go shopping), the flower cluster & that cute photo!
    Also love your pics for the photo challenge...what a brilliant idea :) I'm a shocker on the selfie...yours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this LO Jas .. the colours are just awesome .... that orange flower brings a certain richness to the entire design ... love your cluster, and that pic is a treasure .... love your self portrait ...... and your camera ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW JAS....... Im loving what I see here!!!
    This whole layout to me is a WOW factor, you have totally rocked this challenge girlfriend!!!!!
    I just love the colour and that photo is just too cute as well!!!
    I agree, you should go and check out the layout that you used this photo on, as you probably will crack yourself up!!!!
    Take Care now
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO
    PS thanks to you and big big HUGS your way for all your lovely comment that you leave me WOW I just adore getting and reading them SO THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Spring LO Jas - I can almost smell the blossom. Great selfies too - I always end up looking like I've got a double-chin no matter what angle I try (and I promise I really only have a single one lol). Fab perspective on the cloud shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos Jas... cannot do selfies for the life of me... end up looking marshmallowish, and the wide angle is never wide enough...oh... maybe I am marshmallowish... NAH!!!...gotta be the angle not the Tim Tam in my hand...

    Man how little and different does W look in that photo!! B still looks the same I think. Gorgeous colour choice and fab LO..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that layout is pure awesomeness - you are certainly producing some kick-ass work these days!! ANd how skinny are you?? You lucky girl! Have fun with the photography challenge. I am a HUGE Nikon fan, HUGE!! I am onto my 2nd Nikon DSLR now, simply because I wanted to upgrade! And am after the 7000 next - photography is fun, fun , fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the texrure you have created here and that curled edge at the bottom..delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is STUNNING Jas!! A new fav of mine!! Love the rich colours and texture! Love the photos too...what a fun challenge! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely is this! I love the colour and the texture!!! What a fantastic page, Jas! Your photos are great too - great idea!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORE your LO Jas.. the colours, the textures, the sweet photo.. all of it!! A truly gorgeous creation!! Loving your pics.. looking good! Have a fab day :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is just gorgeous, I LOVE the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pics Jas and great layout too...now i know who i communicate with in the scrapping world....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jas, what a super gorgeous page. Loving the flowers. Great going on the photography challenge i was going to take part but things fell apart after day 1 haha, shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fabulous page and that photo is so cute! Great work!!

    I also really enjoyed looking at your photography...great challenge as well....oh, and I think your self portraits are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Page, Jas!!love the bright colors and the beautiful pic!! Looks fun the photography challenge!! Take Care! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your page with the recycled elements, just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete