About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Passion for Fashion

I have decided to join in Scrapboutique's Passion for Fashion competition, well if I can keep up with 8 weeks anyway......



Now I am not a fashion sort of girl although I wish I was.  I said to some girlfriends the other day that I need a Stylist.
I am a bit of a jeans and top sort of girl.  I would love to be able to pull together a few layers and colors, not the plain style I feel safe in.
It's a work in progress and maybe by joining in this competition I will learn a bit more.

First week is Haute Couture.  We were given a run down on what this means (and I even had to Google some images to get an idea)

Haute Couture (or high fashion)- This category includes the very chic, one-of-a-kind, the custom-made and designer's collections.
Colours - Unusual and rare.
Lines - Unusually layered, fitted to suit, very specific individual taste.
Textures - Unusual and rare materials.
Effect - One-of-a-kind, very unique, tres chic
Needs of customer - Custom-made, designer's originals, very expensive.
Favourite Accessory - Coordinated, matching and custom made pieces.
Note: Notice the unusual layers, unique and one-of-a-kind designs.

Now many of the images I came across were very dramatic and made a statement so I drew my inspiration from images like this:

To create this:
I really wanted to create more layers and folds but the red paper had a clashing back side and it just wouldn't work  I had scrapped a photo similar to this some time ago so I decided to just use the title She.  A bit more dramatic??

Here are some close ups for you too:



So I will let my Stylist know that I would like a bit of Haute Couture added to my wardrobe.  Honestly, if you don't have anything to do, Google some images.  Just amazing.

Well I do have something to do, it's called work.

So until next time, happy Fashion exploring to you.  Maybe you can join in the fun at Scrapboutique.

Jasx

21 comments:

  1. Yup you are on the mark totally!!!! Love this lo to the max! Love that "bodice" lacing!! Love and peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Love the colours, nice and bold. I'm doing this too and am just trying to come up with ideas. I have chosen my photos. Your layout reminds me of a corseted dress, which I love. I'd like to be a personal stylist. I'd have a great time of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jas!!!!
    Just stunning as always!!! i so love the eyelet and twine stitching?? And those flowers WOW!!!!
    You have scrapped this beautifully
    TONI
    XOXOOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jas, just DIVINE!! Adore your lacing and I LOVE red black and white, it's such a striking colour combo!! An amazing job all around! Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Fashion Just can't afford it all as Scrapbooking takes priority.... hehehehe
    & I'm a Jeans & T-shirt sort of a Girl too!!!!
    ANyways!!!
    Another Gorgeous creation miss J.....
    Love the color combo & the peek a boo affect...
    I really should give this a Go!!!!!
    Thanks for the Inspiration........ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gobsmacked Jasmine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous creation!
    I would like to try, but can you point at the rules of that challenge ? I can not find ...
    Thanks
    Cherubs

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is absolutely divine .... breathtaking in fact !!!!! Love all of it .. and my fave Colour combo too ... woohoo this is going to be a fabulous journey ... good for you Jas .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, Jas this is gorgeous! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW!!!!!! This is completely AMAZING!! You nailed it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...Jas this is amazing!!! totally amazing..just love it!! Looking forward to seeing the next lot of layouts for this comp! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just been through the lat few pages here and my jaw is open wide!
    Oh that page is STUNNING. Love the feel to the page. Cant wait to see the next page for the comp :)
    Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This LO definitely lives up to the definition - fabulous colours and texture and absolutely one of a kind - love it Jas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this is one sweet project! This is sooo Elegant and Pretty! Love your design and such pretty papers too! The eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow, what a dramatic page! So cool how you used that fashion as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo la la! Love the drama here! You did such a fantastic job of this challenge - sounds like a lot of fun too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, it's beautiful Jasmine!! Totally love the lacing and the net!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Olá Jasmine,fiquei muito interessada em participar deste blog.Amo moda.Você visitou meu blog e viu meu mini ateliê aqui ok?http://bimartsatelie.blogspot.com/2011/09/mini-atelie-dress.html#comments ,Será que tenho condições?Espero que responda.Estou te seguindo seu blog.Abraços

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing! Your layout certainly is a high fashion and totally gorgeous. Love the corset look..fabulous.
    I hear you on the fashion front...I am also a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal...although also wouldnt mind stepping it up a bit.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fantastic page....I think you have captured the brief perfectly.Such a cute photo, presented so 'dramatically', it is gorgeous. This sounds like such a fun and inspiring challenge, I might have a bit of a squiz. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very dramatic!! Well I am a Fashion Designer by profession & have always preferred dressing up other people rather than myself. Sounds like a great competition - wish I could play but I have a never-ending stream of DT work & 3 GDTs this month - talk about feast or famine LOL

    ReplyDelete