About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, September 12, 2011

Off to Camp, Bird is the Word & Photography Challenge updates

Camp
So my big boy is off on his first camp today and yep, his Mumma had a few tears as she waved him off.

He was very apprehensive this morning and he had tears and didn't want to go but after a big chat, I told him it was ok to miss us and feel sad at times but think of all the fun he is going to have.  I told him he will be too busy to miss us......I hope.

Here he is, ready to go:

Only two more sleeps until he is home.......Not that I'm counting.....lol.

Bird is the Word 
This fortnight's word on the street is "Share".  The girls have created some awesome projects so head over here to take a peek.  In the meantime, this is my page.


And finally:
30 Day Photography Challenge

Day 6. From a low angle - DS loves climbing our tree so this one was pretty easy

Day 7. Fruit - Now I had a few great snaps for the strawberries but as I was getting them ready, this is what I turned around to find.....so I had to go with it.

Day 8. Bad Habit - Easy, coffee and chocolate

Day 9. Someone you love.  This photo was taken on Father's Day , does that matter??

Day 10. Childhood memory - My boys attend the same Primary School  I did and I think my love of craft started here.

Day 11. Something blue - Will my kids ever learn to make their bed and keep their rooms tidy???????  Can you see that even the trophy isn't standing up!!!!! 

Sorry for the super long post but thanks for reading it.

Have a fab Monday.

Jasx

22 comments:

  1. Gosh it must be so hard waving your son off as he goes to camp!!! I'd be a mess LOL LOVE your lo....colour combo is AWESOME!!! And fab photos....really must do something like that.....one day LOL Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photography is amazing, they all look fabulous. You certainly are one talented lady. Oh & I looooove your "Share" layout. The black, white & red really pops. Love it all.
    Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutley love that lo! Hope your little fella has a great time (and mummy doesn't miss him too much!) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey this is a great post - my son will be going off to camp next Term and I'm so excited for him - I'm sure your big boy will have heaps of fun!! Such a great experience.
    Love your LO - the BG paper is fabulous and I so love the cut-out little men - great idea. I always find fun stuff to check out on your LO's - hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh.... you wont feel him missing until there is an empty seat at the table... its a strange feeling but just think of all the adventures and fun he will be having!! Think it will be good for him. Love the strawberry photo with miss E's freckles and that LO of the boys is just awesome - when I saw it I went "ohhhhh" out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love your photos Jas :)) that is a great fathers photo... something my hubby does.. bury themselves in the paper. haha
    LOVE that new page.. that colour combo is ace.
    Hope your big boy enjoys himself and you dont miss him too much :)
    enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! It's always hard to let them Go.....
    Hope your DS have heaps of FUN!!!!
    The rips & Staples in your Layout look Awesome......The little men you cut out are SUPER CUTE & GR8 color combo too!!!!!!!
    Also FANTASTIC Photos.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORE your LO Jas and LOVE your photos!! They grow up so fast, he'll have a ball at camp.. I hope you don't miss him too much.. he'll be back before you know it! hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I kinda know where you are coming from wiht DS going to camp all thou my boy only went for an excursion for the day!!! LOL and i had tears!!!!
    any way lets hope the time goes quick for you!!!
    Your Lo here is just so so stunning I love all there is about it!!!!
    And the photos are FABO TOO!!!!
    Take Care
    and try to enjoy DS away he will have fun you know!!!!
    TONI
    XOXOOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful post Jas... your children are divine ... love that LO, you are soooooooooooooooo good with boy pages, a definite skill !!!! beautiful work as always ..
    I am feeling much better now thanks for your love and get well wishes, I had a pinched nerve in my spine ... acupuncture has helped enormously ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jasmine! I love your boy layouts...since I have two girls, I've never made a boyish one!It looks so difficult! Great photos! Your son is a brave boy!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love all your beautiful photos Jasmine! How wonderful that your kids go to your primary school!!
    What a big boy going to camp - bet you were sad..I'm dreading the day I have to let them go!
    Love your Share layout awesome work as always!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is totally cool and that little boy cut out is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your son has a great time away at camp.

    Loving the boy cutouts on the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your layout and those paper doll cut-outs are the coolest!!! You are so clever!!! And you photos look really cool too - I don't think it matters that the pic is from Father's day lol - :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love getting a peek into your life & home through your pictures - fun!! I especially love the coffee photo with the chocolate!! And the beans...very creative :) And a great layout - your cut-out people are cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos Jas! And your layout is just AWESOME!!! Love those little cut out people! Hope your little boy has fun at camp! Take care :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. jas...i just adore your BITW layout..the cut out men look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miss H is off to camp next week and it has been a total production working her up to go..Good to hear you told your son the same advice we gave her..I hope he goes well..
    Cool photography challenge. Looking forward to meeting you at my workshop Jasmine. XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that layout Jasmine. The colours you have used are just perfect. Awesome photos too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your share layout! The color combo is one of my favorite and I really like the little pops of green. Your photos are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVED looking at your fab photos, especially like the one with the coffee beans and chocs. Think I have a bar hidden in one of the kitchen drawers, my hubbs is THE worst sweet tooth and gobbles anything he sees. Love your wonderful boy page too! the red really pops and the cut-out stripey men sure are so cute. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete