About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Expo Expo Expo / CCG 206

Morning girls,
Just popping in quickly.

I went to the Paperific Expo in Melbourne yesterday with Mum and Mel.
Did I buy much?  No of course not......hehe.
I caught up with a couple of scrappy girls, Marelle and Eb. Although it was a fleeting "Hello" it was still great to see their faces.

And I am here also because Color Combos Galore is now live.
This is the fabulous combo to work with this week.

I started with a piece of cardboard and sprayed it with Slate Glimmermist then did a couple of random layers of white paint to get a wood grain effect......sort of worked didn't it?
Now trying to create a ledge element had me challenged to say the least.  But I think using the Imaginarium chipboard flourish worked beautifully.
I have also used a transparency element, a striped element and capital letters.

And some journaling to explain my inspiration behind this page.
A bit freaky hey?
And another close up just because.
Ok, off to play with my new purchases.....hehe.

Jasx

12 comments:

  1. wow Jas this is spectacular ... love all the layers and that pic is soooooooooooo beautiful ... you sound like the perfect mum for twins ..... big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this colour combo really suits you!!
    the layers are gorgeous and the effect on the chipboard is cool!! well done
    Thanks for yesterday - it was fun wasn't it!!!
    Purchases???? what purchases??? we just go to watch the demonstrations dont we????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jas. what a gorgeous picture! love the crackle effect on the flourish! Enjoy playing with your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABBO Sounds like you had the Good day then!!!!
    WOWzers!! A Gorgeous layout, that Crackle is Awesome...... Too cute is your photo of your 2 twin DS's!!! Enjoy the rest of your Weekend with your new purchases............ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning......the background looks awesome....everything looks awesome. WOW! luv it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Jas. You've done a fab job with this colour combo. I'm hoping to go to the Bris expo when it arrives :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST STUNNING JAS!!!!!!
    Wow isn't that funny that they are exactly the same!!!! i also just love that crackle wood effect!! really it looks awesome!!!! thanks for another fabulous layout and also another chance for me to get inspiration from you!!!!!
    Take Care
    TONI
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!!!! I'm sure I say that everytime Jas but your layouts always are!! Love the cardboard base...just love all of it...and I'm a teeny bit jealous about the Expo!! Bet you got heaps. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work! What a cool colour combination - I have to play along - it'll be tough for me, I'm sure! :D

    Gorgeous textures too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Jas such a gorgeous page.. love the background and the beautiful chippie detail!! You absolutely nailed the colour palette! Wished you lived closer as I would definitely take you up on babysitting your adorable pooch. Luckily for me our neighbours have recently added a gorgeous Golden Retriever called Nancy to their family.. she's just the sweetest thing Have a fab day :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the richness you have created with this one Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a great take on this colour combo Jas - the chipboard is divine. Love your journalling and it so reminds me of my twin boys - we've had the same moments where they are exactly the same - it's pretty amazing hey!!

    ReplyDelete