About me, my family and anything scrap related

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scrap for Help

Well we are into the final stages of school holidays.
My kiddies have been fantastic so I cannot complain at all.  We had one ordinary day but hey, 14 days and 4 kids.  One or two of those are allowed.

So here I am to let you know about Scrap for Help this month.
The rules for this challenge are to create a LO:
1. about friendship
2. using the sketch designed by Nadia (see below)
3. and to use an empty box such as soap, chocolate etc etc.


Now in order to find a box to recycle was a tad difficult because, one must read all of the criteria before completing a LO and then realising you now need a box that matches the LO.
So off to the supermarket to scour every chocolate box (although I didn't find the right box I did manage to find the right chocolate to buy and eat that night).  Then off the soap isle and every isle inbetween.
I  finally found a soap box (see below, very exciting photo I know).


And here is the final product:


Now I am sure there was another criteria about using loops but it is not mentioned on the site so maybe I made that up???
And I will now show you some close ups just because I found them in my folder and they can't go to waste.  And I have to show you how I used the box.














So after all of that, I hope you can join us this month and remember, find the box prior to creating your LO.

Jasx

14 comments:

  1. way cool idea with box jasmine...perfect sentiment to cherish and remember

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is Another FAB Creation....
    That Blue paint looks Sensational!!!
    & You know me I Always love a butterfly on a layout!! hehehehe
    Enjoy the Last days of the School Holidays...

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Jas .. love your use of the recycled packaging ... you sure did do a much better job than me .. I didn't really get it ... I made a chocolate lolly with the wrapper???
    love all your details .. superb as always .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love it, Jas!! Beautiful!!! the photo is adorable! and the blue paint looks fantastic!
    Enjoy the last days of the school vacations here I have one more month...but my kids are big!
    Beautiful work!! Take Care!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the story behind creating that page :)) I love the painted circle too.
    enjoy your last few days of holidays. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gorgeous Jas, love the painted circle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your box story - made me giggle - fab looking LO - the box is perfect (but of course).

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe about the box! Love your layout! I love how you painted the circle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're so clever Jasmine!!! the paint looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous LO Jas and thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog. They made me smile and after the week I've had, I needed it, so thank you. I love this LO, the way you used the box (very creative) and the circle looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this Jas.. great design and LOVE the painted circle.. how perfect was that box!! Have a fab weekend :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome lo! Love how you made the circle...it really looks neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaz you are so funny...I wish you lived closer...I just know we would be firm friends! Loved your little commentary there - especially about finding the perfect chocolate, if not the perfect chocolate wrapper LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooops I forgot to even mention your layout - duh! I love it - you slipped that soap box in there very subtely & I love that you added the extra loopy bits :)

    ReplyDelete