About me, my family and anything scrap related

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm back with Scrap The Girls

This month at Scrap The Girls the challenge is to create a LO based on an important female in your life.  Extra criteria is to use 20 words or more of handwritten journaling.


Mental note: As a DT member, read all criteria before producing LO.
When I completed this LO I then re read the "20 words or more" criteria.  Luckily, I had exactly 20.  This included the I Love You and Sister-In-Law......whew, just made it.

I based my LO on my Sister-In-Law who was actually my best friend in High School and just so we could stay in touch, I married her brother.....LOL.  It is so good having someone in your life who has known you for a long time and you can just have those chats about "crap" and it is still interesting to them......(and she would hate me for using this pic of her, not once, but three times)


I have used more Echo Park For the Record paper from my Nook kit.  It just seems to keep going and going.

Have a fab night and I'll see you soon.

Jasx

17 comments:

  1. oh I am sooooo loving this Miss J : ) That background is YUMMO!!! And how awesome is all that texture and fabuloso colour!! Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Jas so looking forward to seeing what you come up with .....this page is absolutely drop dead gorgeous .... love the texture and it is so fabulous howyou have journaled your story ..such a treasure ... beautiful work .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL now that's one way to keep your best friend close ;) & a brilliant SIL as well! Love this layout, the colours & the texture...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this background and the textures Jas! love the theme of the layout too, makes me miss by bff very much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow how awesome is this! I love your background, so fab, Jas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Jasmine re marrying the brother comment!!! Your layout is stunning and your use of colour is just perfect. LOVE the scrunched and inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. schweeeeeeeeeeet as.. the pic is coolio..
    love it..and woohooo...

    oh and with the ink.. i got some in a nurophen tube that comes with the stuff and then sucked some up and squirted.. it came out alittle faster than expected but looks great..lol..

    anyho. awesomeness page.. thanks for sharing with your adoring public..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great layout Jas! Wish I could call my sister in laws my friends too!! Love that you have repeated the photo - looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome page jas... love the dressmakers paper and paint background, the stitching, multiple use of pic. YUM! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome page Jas... Great pic...love the background...how cool having your bf as your sis-in-law....keep up the awesomeness;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh such a gorgeous page! Love all the texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally cool jas, i agree the textures are fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh I love this Jas!! There is so much gorgeous texture to this layout..I want to reach out and touch it! Beautiful journalling and photos too :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours & love the textures....fabulous LO Jas! & congrats on your STG CT spot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful LO Jas.. love the bold colours, so striking and the background looks fantastic!! I know just what you mean about making sure you read the criteria properly. I had to add something a recent LO when I realised I had misread the instructions and used alphas instead of hand written journaling.. luckily for me it was easily fixed. Have a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I just love this Jas, that background is just eye popping with the blue, how gorgeous that you end up sort of related and are best friends. hehe re: reading the criteria....gosh I seem to do this often, that is why I have so many "just for me" layouts....whoops. Love Melxx

    ReplyDelete