About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back away from the mist now and no one will get hurt

Yes, this is what I should have told myself.

Mental note to self:  take photo before you add the paint/mist, then if it doesn't work, no one will know.

I wasn't going to tackle The Color Room this week as I didn't have a lot of the colors but what the heck, give it a go and I came up with a few ideas to make the colors I needed (more on that later).

So late last night I decided I needed a few spots of paint between the pics (I based my LO on the sketch from SC #85).  Anyway, I thought I should wait until today to take a pic in case it didn't work then you wouldn't know.....but impatient me said, just do it.

When my spots didn't look right I decided to try the straw trick again but mmmmmmm, not what I wanted.  I put the mist down but then picked it up again and had another go.....I so should have taken that pic first.

Here is the palette in case you haven't seen it:

And this is it:
And a few close ups to show you how I made the colors I needed:
My love heart here is painted with nail polish.  Have you tried it before?  Worked perfectly.  Just like paint.

And the artisan chippy piece is covered in a creme eyeshadow.  It was a bit hard to journal on and then I smudged it when I was doing the whole paint thing.....oh well.
And then I resorted to cutting out flowers from some stamps for a bit more purple.

And in case you haven't been over to see the latest sketch at Stuck?! Sketches, here tis.  The girls have done an awesome job and mine and the rest of the gal's will be up in a few days.
See you soon.
Jasx

20 comments:

  1. O this is GORGEOUS!! clever girl in your makeup box :)) and what is wrong with those plant splatters, uh?? I LOVE them and it gives you that visale triangle.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a crack up about the mist... i hear so many people say that!!!!

    how fantastic is this page and i just adore all those handmade elements too.

    gorgeous page and great design!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post miss Jassy!!! lesson learned sometimes it is the best way to remember, never make the same mistake again LOL !!
    fantastic page and awesome design .... lovin' all your details and colours.... big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks fabulous jas... i can't see the mistake!! the palette looks great :)) {at least you covered yr pics before misting... i sometimes forget to!!} ..lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is fantastic Jas! Love the use of your makeup! LOL

    I had the same mishap with mist just the other day and didn't cover the photo! Doh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Jasmine...and the more mist the better I reckon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the splatters.....I was expecting to see them all over your pics coz this is what happens to me. I usually just cover my pics with my hand (apart from a very sprayed hand....it doesn't work lol). A gorgeous take on the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous work Jas - glad you shared it with us - I like your idea of going into the make-up box for some colour - great pics - looks fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOOOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS !! hey nothing wrong with the paint its fab LOVING it !!! yayaya Thank you for sharing and make up on a layout hey !! now that is a clever idea ..Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog !!! xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think it looks FABULOSO. I can't see anything wrong with the splats, they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off JASMINE!
    I just would like to take the time & say a BIG THANKS, For your Awesome comments over @ ME blog... It's always makes me Smile, When I see your comments.... *Big Smiley Face*

    FAB U LAS Jas!! Loved your post... LOL
    & your LO is Gorgeous! I think sometimes it better when we just do & don't think, Even if it may not go to plan!!
    It's all about having FUN?? Is in it???? LOL!
    Gr8 Ideas with the makeup!!!COOL...
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is stunning Jasmine, I cannot believe you have perfected the colours here, how clever, I just love this. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ARE YOU nuts??? WHAT ARE YOU ON?? that is amazing.. superb.. and woot woot....
    oh and i've used the nail polish before and love it.. but since i'm not a makeup person {no amount of makeup is goin to help me..lol..} i dont have that much to play with ..maybe i should invest in some purely for scrapping..lol.. oh and did i see microbeads there as well???
    and no worries with your order..and i truely dont know what your talkin about with the extras... i hope you like it and cant wait to see you use some..woot woot...thanks..........!!!!
    yay.. i think that might be enough of a story for now...BYE {waving MADLY}...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, stunning work Jasmine! Love everything about this layout and the colours are just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your paint splatters - they looks like super-cute fireworks! So cool! I've used nailpolish before for scrapping - it rocks. Once I poured it onto my layout... that didn't rock!!! :O

    Fantastic layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! You know those mists can be quite fickle! I have never been brave enough to "add" mist after everything else - I always mist riiiiiight at the beginning - before there is anything stuck onto my page - your effect is very interesting! I have kept a thick straw which is now at the side of my desk for this very thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. it looks great Jas!!! nail polish hey? cool idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hee hee hee - love the title of this post!! Love thisLO and the mist looks fab. Cool ideas with the makeup

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe! That title is so me too! I think you saved your LO beautifully - on a day when too much mist is never enough... I asked Zoe if I could use her makeup for my scrapbooking but she said no - might have to buy some of my own lol - awesome tips chicky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I reckon this turned out fantastic and OMG how ingenious have you been - would never ever have thought of using creme eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete