About me, my family and anything scrap related

Friday, January 14, 2011

WW1

How hard is it to use blue?? It is one of my fave colours but I find it so hard to use in scrapping (a bit like purple).
The challenge this month at WW1 was WHITE + ROYAL or NAVY BLUE + BANNERS.

This LO was going all wrong and I thought, well, you don't have to complete the challenge if it isn't working, just don't participate that month.

But I don't really like to give up (plus I had done the stitching etc and had put a bit of time into it) so I figured I would try a different photo before I ditched it and 'wala'. Just what it needed. The original photo just didn't suit but I found this one looked great.
So there's my tip for the day: If it isn't working, try another photo.



I handmade my flower using a belt from DD pants (at 3 it is impossible for a girl to be able to do and undo a belt when going to the toilet so I figured I may as well use it). I also placed the alphas on top of each other as the kids are in the photo.

Thanks for calling in.
See you soon.
Jasx

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME LAYOUT!!! the Stitching Love it!! Gr8 tip of the Day.. & I so totally agree with the Belt thingy.. So Awesome solution..
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the stitching!! Beautiful layout Jasmine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOTALLY inspiring and Fab Jasmine, the stitchingt totally ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning Jas!! love the banner and a beautiful use of the blue... love the doilie..sweet pic too.. I have just posted my KIU page not very happy with it but posted anyway ??? take care, Hugs from me xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like this and I have to agree with you, it is really hard using blue! I'm not loving my LO and as such, I dont think I'm going to play this month. Makes yours all the more special because you didnt give up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as usual Jas... love your stitching & textures!! What an adorable photo! Thanks so much for joining in at WW1 :) Thanks for the blog love. That was the 1st time I have changed a colour on a photo... still learning how to navigate photoshop!! Lucky for me Luke is a whizz at all that stuff and helped me out. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay yay yay Jas.. this is awesome.. yay for the tip.. i often do that... oh and the belts..yep agree but i also have trouble finding pants to fit miss I's little butt and they dont fall down...eek.. oh well..
    anyho.. happy days to you... i'm off to scrap.. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous. You did very well for a colour that is indeed hard tow ork with. I love that flower. How clever! The little banner is gorgeous. Just enough to stand out without being too much!~Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout! You've rocked this challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this layout! totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree with you about changing pics if the layout isn't working - has happened to me a few times!

    Love what you've done with this Jas - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete