About me, my family and anything scrap related

Friday, January 7, 2011

1,2,3 Challenge

For those of you who don't know 123 Challenge, pop over and check it out. Basically there are three criteria that you need to follow each month.

Catching up on Dec, the criteria were Colour - Pink, Word - Oh and Technique - Tissue Paper
I went a bit crazy with the whole tissue paper thing but it was fun all the same.

Jan challenge is: Colour - Purple, Word - Beautiful and Technique/Product - Punches
This was extremely hard to do because I am not a purple fan when it comes to scrapping (thanks Mel. You have to say something nice about purple if you comment).
I love the colour itself but cannot use it on a LO. I even bought some paint to mist with so I will now have to use purple again. (and for some reason, this was really had to take a photo of. Tried it at all different times of day but it still came out a bit dark).

Both of these are very different to what I would normally scrap but that's the fun of challenges hey? Thinking outside the square!!!

Hope you have a great day. It is hot and windy in Melbourne today so off to the SIL's pool this afternoon.
Nick is turning 40 on Sunday so I really should think about getting organised.

Jasx

14 comments:

  1. Jas these are both stunning for different reasons. The first because its so buy and rich and the cluster of embellies and flower go so well together. The second because its simpler and more detailed. I love the punched butterfly effect. Its simply gorgeous..You have done an amazing job! Happy 40th to hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Totally Awesome Layouts!!Lovin all the Tissue Paper & the Writing on the Photo... Super Cute! Jan Challenge.. Happy BDay too Nick on Sunday, The big 40!! Hope you all have an Awesome Day..
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Jas... ADORE all the layered tissue paper on your pink 123 LO.. just fantastic!! and your purple is divine... I LOVE butterflies and this MS punch is one of my favs!! I wonder what it is about purple!!! I think the colour is so pretty, especially if you add some green to soften it. Haven't started mine yet. I've picked out some papers but not sure on the photo. Happy Birthday to hubby and hope your have a fab time :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh both of these are just stunners!! Love that you have stitched your pieces of tissue in the first one... looks luscious!
    And the second one is sooooooo soft and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEya Miss J : ) I LOVE the tissue paper!!! What a cool idea!! Those butterflies look soooo gorgeous and I love the stitching on bot lo's....all in all...just FABULOUS : ) I know what you mean about purple...there is just something about it that I don't quite like when it comes to scrapping.....odd! Hope your hubby has a super awesome bday (and you don't get to exhausted sorting everything out) Oh and thankyou soooooo much for the beautifully beautiful comments you leave on my blog...I ADORE reading them...Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO's Jas. Loving the layers of tissue paper and the white and purple one is gorgeous. I love the butterflies and the punched circles. Hope your hubby has a wonderful 40th birthday on Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow stunning colours in both of these pages...
    the pink tissue technique is gorgeous, and that pink flower I absolutely love did you make that ??? and the second page .. well, those butterflies are just awesome .. beautiful work as always .. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning work Jas!! I think you have done a fab job on both of these... love the butterfly effect on the 2nd one! Congrats on the KIU spot too! Excited to work alongside you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these layouts! am especially loving that tissue paper background...so pretty and innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are both super Amazing... and woot woot purple butterflies... they look STUNNING... {must admit i dont think i've ever used purple...so i hear ya}... wow.
    stunning work..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both gorgeous LO's.....I love what you have done with the tissue paper....awesome. I don't do purple either lol....struggle big time....but your LO looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowowowowow these are super stunning I am in total AWE of that first pink one truley AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are amazing LO's Jas....great technique on both of them - the tissue paper looks sensational & the butterflies too - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Jas!!! This is fantastic! I am a massive purple fan - only because of my footy team's (Fremantle Dockers) colours! :D

    LOVE your page!

    ReplyDelete