Not happy Jan!
BUT, I have bought myself a Nikon D3100 SLR. So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so excited. I have had a little play but cannot wait to read the book (which as you can imagine is just ridiculously long) to learn a bit more. I am hoping to do a few photography lessons too.
If you have one of these cameras or similar or any thing else and can share a tip, I would be reeeaaaallllyyyy appreciative.
Also, I won a prize for my entry for October's KIU. Very excited. I was on a 'No Spend' until I had used up some of my stash but oh well, Handmade by Suzanne, here I come....
The doorbell rang this afternoon and there was a man delivering my prize from Min and Flis. Thank you so so much girls. I can't wait to use these goodies.
It was my DS 9th Birthday on Sunday. He is my biggest boy and I just cannot believe he is 9 already.
Happy Birthday W.
I have bits and pieces here and there to pack but nothing has reached the suitcase yet.
It is so not like me. I would have normally packed 3 weeks ago. And how sad is this, I have been trying to pack to co-ordinate clothes for everyone for the all important photos. Now admit it, you would do the same thing wouldn't you??
BUT, I cannot wait for some sun, sand and surf.
So now to scrapping.
This is my take on this month's Challenge Heaven's sketch.
I wanted to scrap something about our house that we just moved from. I didn't really use journalling but I think my title says it all.
This is the house where I had my 21st, came home to after I was married, bought 4 children home to and have so many happy memories in. But it was a bit small and we had to move on.
And this one is for The Color Room palette 31:
Don't miss me too much while I am away.
Jasx
Another 2 gorgeous LO's Jas... really loving the textures in the home LO!! Have a fab holiday :)
ReplyDeleteSince your suitcase is still empty maybe I could pop myself in it? I fancy a beach holiday :)Don't stress too much about the outfits - B&W photos are oh so chic. Gorgeous LOs - your design of Hush is fabulous. Have a wonderful holiday - good luck with the new camera - very cool!
ReplyDeletehey jas... have a fabulous holiday, and yes, i always co-ordinate when i pack :))) can't help with any tips, my SLR manual still hasn't been consulted! congrats with the KIU win... and love your lo's - tcr palette kinda scared me this week... too much green for me... but you have done an absolutely fabulous job! travel safe ... x
ReplyDeletelove love love the shabbiness of that top one and that red twiny stuff looks fabulous!, gorgoeus gorgeous photos on the second
ReplyDeleteOwww - hate how you have to verify comments before they are published!! My last comment was quite funny...
ReplyDeleteanyway - happy Birthday W - now we have a month to race to catch up to you - (heaven forbid you be older for 1 month!!!) I have loved watching you grow.
Love the paddlepop idea - very cute. Didnt you have a chipboard fence? Agree with Kim, love the shabbiness and the splash of red.
The LO of E is very oldworldly and pretty - well done
wowzers.. yippee yay for the new baby.. i so love my dslr it is so fun.. i had a NIkon but recently brought a Sony..YUMMY.. but anyho..my bestie Tracey who is doin a photo course says that no matter how tempted dont shoot in auto.. turn it to P .. still gives you fantastic photos without the camera havin to overload on thinkin... but seriously PLAY with it.. i'm always changing the settings and havin a go.. on OMG co-ordinating outfits..i just try and find stuff that doesn t have stains...lol.. have a super dooper holiday... yay.. and lOVEIN YOUR LAYOUTS>. i really should've sent you an email with this letter....
ReplyDeleteoh yeah.. the house ONE>.. gorgeous.. love everything .. and the TCR wowzers love love love it..
ReplyDeleteHey JAs!! Arent you so lucky to be going on a holiday! So wishing I was too!! Now you got the camera I bet we'll see some stunning shots cause you'll just go crazy with it, like I did! You dont think it will make a huge difference, but it DOES! These layouts are just beautiful!They both tell a story!!
ReplyDeleteSo have fun and dont think about the cyber world AT all!See ya when you get back!
Hi Jas, by now you are already on your way to sunny qld...and yes the sun is shining today! So glad your box of goodies arrived before you left!! Can't wait to see what you create with it!! Love love love those LO's...everytime I visit I always feel inspired by your gorgeous work!! Take care, have a great time and see you when you get back! :) xo
ReplyDeleteGreat layouts as usual from you, Jas.
ReplyDeleteI really love the way you have made the fence on the Home layout.
The second layout is just SO cute.
I wish you and your family a great holiday :-D