About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, August 8, 2015

New specs and a new challenge

My son came to me about 6 weeks ago telling me his eyes were 'blurry'. 
I tried drops, no luck, told him it might be his cold, no luck, and then we waited a few more weeks to see how it went.  After week 3 I thought it was time to go to the doc as they were still 'blurry'..
She referred us to an eye clinic and they confirmed that he needed glasses.  His is mildly long sighted but just enough that the glasses will help him with reading etc.

So we picked them up this week.  He looks sooooo cute.  When I turn around and see him I smile because it is like he has 'dress up glasses' on. I'm just not used to them being a part of his everyday now.

I have joined in the challenge at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo to create a page to remember this "occasion" for him.
I have never played along with this challenge site before and the challenge was:
TYPESETTING. Create any project with letters/numbers.


I have used an alphabet stencil and randomly inked the letters and numbers and also used a date stamp, again, randomly.
I wanted the page to be quirky and random to suit the "funky" photo we took.

Thanks for calling by.

Jasx

8 comments:

  1. It's a great challenge! Love that striped paper! And the glasses look really neat...I can imagine how different it would seem, though:) I've had glasses since I was 2 - might have been less.....but these days I do everything to avoid wearing them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout and an important story for him to remember. Love our colour matching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got the eyes sorted, the specs look really trendy! And fabulous layout too, love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting LO, unique combinations of colors. Thank you for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delight to see a layout like this, fresh and fun like the summer. Just a few detail, love it! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jas - this is fantabulous! And yes, your son looks sooo cute in the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Jasmine!!! I knew you'd rock this!!! Thank you for joining us over at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo I love it! love the colors, the backgroud, the composition! love it all! thank You for playing along with Scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete